Any Practicing NP's?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Any Practicing NP's? in Pre-Nurse Practitioner Inquiry, part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I am beginning to start the application process for a NP program this FALL 2012, and part of the...by dbonilla1170 Feb 12, '12I am beginning to start the application process for a NP program this FALL 2012, and part of the process is obtaining 2 or more letters of recommendation with at least one being from a NP. I have a BA in Human Development and I am applying for a Entry Level Masters Program for FNP. I have volunteered at a local hospital for the past year and have not worked with any NP's, only doctors and RN's. I am completely at a loss for how I can obtain a letter of Recommendation if I do not know any NP's! It is really frustrating because I know many RN's who are willing to write the letter but they are not NP's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=673580©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,223 Views
- Feb 12, '12 by rachelaleanRN2BWhat program are you applying to?
- Feb 12, '12 by dbonilla1170I am applying to a private university in the Bay Area (California) called Samuel Merritt University. I am hoping to get into their Master Program for the FNP track
- Feb 13, '12 by NJprisonrnWere any of your nursing school teachers NPs? Perhaps the school would accept a letter from someone with an MSN, not necessarily an NP? I'm sorry that is a requirement for you.
- Apr 23, '12 by dbonilla1170Thanks for the response. I am applying to an entry level msn program, which means that I have no nursing experience. The requirement is that you must have a Bachelors degree and all science prerequisites completed upon applying (micro, A&P, Chemistry...). Therefor I do not know any nurses first hand. They will accept recommendations from NP's or RN's. I am still scrambling for any willing nurses to help me out!
- Apr 29, '12 by PedsNP2013I'm sorry they are being so strict about this. I wonder if it is becuase you are going directly into a program with being a nurse first and they want a NP to vouch for you..just my guess though.....When i was applying to the program im in now...they just required references from co-workers, old professors, and/or a nurse manger. Can you talk with admissions and discuss your situation?......good luck to you.