Any NP programs that use the medical model?Register Today!
- by SummitRN Apr 22I am a pretty big fan of the medical model, but I wouldn't want to be a PA. I've been told there are CRNA schools that teach outside the nursing model. Are there NP programs that do this as well?
- Apr 24 by KristinWWSummit, I wondered the same. I know in CA, NPs and PAs are being trained together. No additional information, sorry!
- Apr 25 by SycamoreGuyI have yet to hear a clear distinction between the nursing model and the medical model. However, if you have some intrensic inclination to the medical model, I too have heard of programs that teach NPs and PAs together.
- May 7 by tillsI am curious as to why you do not want to be a PA?
- May 8 by tillsthat's understandable, though I think autonomy depends on what state you work in as each have different laws. Each (NP and PA) have their pros/cons, I'm debating on which route I want to take.