Who's going to Anesthesia school?Register Today!
- by jrec Mar 18, '05We've had several threads from everyone saying they were accepted to various schools, but if everyone is willing let's do one big thread for everyone that will be starting anesthesia school this summer or fall. If you don't mind please include where you applied, the status from each school ( meaning didn't get an interview, interviewed and not accepted/made alternate/accepted), and the school you chose and why. Thanks, so much!
I applied to :
1) Medical College of Georgia- interviewed and made alternate
2) Samford (in Birmingham)- interviewed and accepted
3) University of Alabama at Birmingham- interviewed and accepted and will be going there this fall. I chose UAB because I loved the Director and all of their clinicals are in Birmingham, so I won't have to travel all over the state.
- 145,629 Views
- Mar 18, '05 by BigDaveApplied to VCU--selected to interview, cancelled to make mom happy (she's 75)
Applied to UNCC--interviewed, accepted, will start in August. Probably be living across the street from all my family...maybe weird, but free babysitting!Last edit by BigDave on Mar 18, '05
- Mar 18, '05 by pinkisnoopi1) georgetown: interviewed & accepted
2) umab: interview was offered but i declined.
congrats for getting in & good luck everyone!! :hatparty:
- Mar 18, '05 by AmiK25Univsersity of Cincinnati: Applied, interviewed, accepted, will start in Sept.
Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia: Applied, interview offered but declined after acceptance to UC
I chose UC because I think it is a great school and it has a smaller program than MTSA. Also, all clinicals are located pretty much in the downtown Cincinnati area whereas at MTSA, you have to go to several locations that are far away (even in other states). Since anesthesia school will be stressful enough, I just didn't want the added stress of spending more time away from my family.
- Mar 18, '05 by toobemall-Interviewed at East Carolina and flat out rejected.
-Interviewed at Raleigh and got third alternate. Offered position after the new year and I start in August.
Location was a big issue for me and my family, which is why I did not venture anywhere west of Raleigh. I know a fair amount of graduates from Raleigh and I feel like their integrated style will be a good fit for me.
- Mar 18, '05 by emtmoon1I applied to:1) St Raphaels School of Nurse Anesthesia: Interviewed, selected and accepted.
2) New Britain School of Nurse Anesthesia: Interviewed, selected and declined.
3) Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island: Interviewed, selected and declined.
I will start the program in May of this year. Location, director and clinical sites all were factors in my decision. Congrats and good luck to all!
- Mar 18, '05 by apaisRNU of New England - interviewed and accepted
Gonzaga - interviewed and not accepted
Midwestern - no interview, not accepted.
Samuel Merritt - this is complex. I did a phone interview and I BOMBED. Very bad. The medium was hard, I was talking to 8 people, sound quality wasn't great, and I had the flu. In addition, an acquaintance/casual friend was brutally murdered two days before the interview and I was still feeling shaken up. SO - the wonderful people there are giving me a second chance. I'm an alternate and I'm flying out to redeem myself. If I do well I will move into a higher alternate position with a very good chance of acceptance.
So I'm going SOMEWHERE - one of two wildly divergent possibilities.
- Mar 18, '05 by ericalirnOnly applied to one school, U. Southern California. Interviewed yesterday and will find out the status in ten days. I'll keep you posted....
Apais, that is great! I was waiting to hear from you about the result of SMC. I am so happy for you. When do you fly out?
- Mar 18, '05 by TormHas anyone heard about their status post interview on March 12th? I haven't heard anything yet. What did you think of the interview? I thought that everyone was so nice.