vcu crna interviewRegister Today!
This is a discussion on vcu crna interview in Pre-CRNA Inquiry, part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hey guys i got selected to interview next week vcu crna program, I'm very nervous and don't know...by crnamiss Oct 6, '12Hey guys i got selected to interview next week vcu crna program, I'm very nervous and don't know what to expect, a few pionters from people who interviewed will be very well appreciated, what worked for you? what would yoy have done differently? Thank you for your responses in advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=790705©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,341 Views
- Oct 6, '12 by missnurse01Hi ! From what I hear their interviewers are more informal than some other schools. I have a list of questions I am going to review answers for , I have found them just by searching here at all nurses and doing general Google searches for crna interview questions. I am hoping it helps some of my answers be a little more smooth ! Otherwise I am brushing up on ccrn type stuff and acls protocols. I interview the week after you so can't give specific advice.
Are you flying in ! Plane tickets are so expensive right now !
Good luck and let us know how it goes !
- Oct 6, '12 by crnamissThanks for your response, luckily i'm not flying in, i leave an 1hr away, driving it
- Oct 7, '12 by missnurse01gosh I am so jealous! you are the third local-ish person that I know of that is interviewing there. there is another thread a little further down about vcu do, just for those of us applying to keep in touch. I am shelling out 600 bucks for a flight and hotel, but all worth it! I am so excited!
are you going to move closer to the school if you get in? or commute? I am hearing that parking at vcu is awful so am considering living at least within easy bus commute.
did you apply anywhere else?
- Oct 7, '12 by crnamissthanks will definetly, check that thread out. Yes it's deffinetly worth it overall lol. I am thinking about commuting for classess and then moving down when it's time for clinicals, i am thinking about applying to odu, university of pitts, duke but its kinda late, next class isnt till january 2014.
- Oct 7, '12 by missnurse01I was really thinking about Duke when I first started looking at programs. It fell off my list somewhere along the way though. VCU is my #1 choice though. I have been trying to figure out what bus commuting is, since it sounds like it takes 1/2 hour to get a parking space then walk to class...but want to live outside the city. We are probably moving there in April, whether I get in or not. Then will reapply if I don't get in...and at least by that time I would have in state tuition!
good luck and let us know how your interview went!