St. Mary's University of Minnesota CRNA Interview - Page 9Register Today!
- May 18, '11 by heather in ohioI had applied to one other school - my first application and my first interview- and found out today I have been accepted to that program! I am excited, scared, thrilled, relieved, and freaked out all at the same time!!
I wish you all the best of luck with your interviews, one thing I can say is time is def on your side! Wish I had done this years ago!
- May 18, '11 by PutToSleep!CONGRATS Heather!!!! Thats awesome!... I'm so jealous! That has to be the best feeling in the world. Best of luck to you in your studies!
- May 19, '11 by RNMAN2010Congrats heather, what a relief it must be! Best of luck and wish us well as we continue. I haven't applied elsewhere yet, this is my number one so starting here for now. It seems things are going so quickly! PutToSleep!, let me know how it goes and I'll do the same.
- May 20, '11 by heather in ohioThank you both! It is a wonderful feeling- however...I am really nervous about getting the loans! I hear it is not as easy as it used to be, and considering we can not work during school is very scary! Hopefully all goes well, I will keep you updated on how things go. It seems so sudden now, especially since I doubted I would get in!
Now it feels like January is right around the corner!
Just know that you may leave the interview feeling like :uhoh21: .... but don't fret because so far it seems that it's a good sign!
- Jun 2, '11 by PutToSleep!Good Luck Heather in January! I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting the loans you need. I guess St Mary's interview 85 people for about 30 slots. I'm thankful I was one of the 85 from a 206 applicant pool! (I read that in the anesthesia newsletter on the website). I also just passed my CCRN!!! WooHoo! LOL. I just mailed the results so they get them asap to hopefully increase my chances of admission! Any new news RNMAN?? Good luck on your interview! This waiting is so hard. I just don't want to go through this whole process again so I hope this is it!!! This forum is nice to be able to share my anxieties. Its nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!
- Jun 2, '11 by heather in ohioCONGRATS PutToSleep!! That is AWESOME!
I too just passed mine So exciting- feels good to have that done hu!? I agree this site is great for sharing anxieties! I am so excited to hear about the MN interview! You are going to do great -and you too RNMAN! I wish you both the BEST! Just think positive-NO negative thoughts. It is pretty exciting to know we were chosen from such a large applicant pool! That is something to be proud of
I am looking forward to getting started- but also very nervous, I am sure I will be nervous for the next few years-lol! All worth it in the end~ where there is a will there is a way. Keep me posted on how things go- I look forward to hearing all about it!
- Jun 4, '11 by RNMAN2010Congrats you two! I had to reschedule my CCRN but plan on taking it in a few weeks. My interview day was the busiest day of my life, flew out that morning and went directly to the interview, from there I drove to my girlfriend's school and got engaged :heartbeat, then drove to Iowa to stay with family... I've never done anything more productive with one day! The interview went great, and yes, the waiting will be unbearable! Not sure what to do with myself in the meantime. Heather, congrats again, I'm very excited for you! When do you start? PutToSleep! how was your interview? Pretty laid back huh?
- Jun 6, '11 by heather in ohioRNMAN2010- WOW, congrats to you! That is awesome you got engaged, interviewed and visited family all in one trip! Not wasting time! So you and your fiance have had a long distance relationship? I always wonder how that would work- I fell for someone who is moving in 2 weeks to Texas- BUMMED OUT!
Glad to hear the interview went well! When are you supposed to hear something?
I start my program in January- currently looking into military for options. I have always thought about it so now I am finally giving it a go! May as well- everything else in my life is changing so bring it on! I am so ready!
Best of luck~With school and your engagment! :redpinkhe
- Jun 6, '11 by tahoe77i just have to post an update here. I was rejected outright from St. Mary's
this April but enthusiastically invited for interviews at Duke and Samuel Merritt, schools
ranked higher. I still am scratching my head at this one....
I asked the St. Marys director why I wasnt invited and it seemed like
she was stuck on some withdrawn course from 10 years ago and didn't like
that my science was taken at a community college. BTW, community colleges
in CA are viewed as direct equivalency to UC courses where I live. This seems like
rather old fashioned thinking to me. But everyone has their own process and
I respect her decision. In the long run the program wasnt for me.
Hope everyone's admissions process is going well!
just thought I'd share my exp. and give hope to other people
who got rejected from St. Mary's.
- Jun 8, '11 by PutToSleep!Congrats RNMAN on the engagement!! How exciting!! . I think my interview went well too. I interviewed with a faculty member C.H. I was glad it was laid back, just hope they liked me!! Did you only interview with one faculty member too? how long did your interview last? I think mine was almost exactly 30 minutes. Well it's out of our hands now! Hope to hear something in the next couple weeks!
Tahoe- not sure why you were not selected for an interview. Maybe they considered early applications, in which mine was completed very early February. Either way best of luck in your other two interviews.
Heather- I too have looked into military options. They have some great perks! Good luck in January!! Can I ask which school you are attending??