Is it possible to be accepted into CRNA school without the CCRN?
- 0Feb 17, '12 by Education=SuccessThere are a few schools that I wanted to apply to but I havenít taken my CCRN as of yet. I am taking a review class in April and taking the exam in May. The deadlines for the schools are in March and April. I know that the CCRN makes your application stand out but is there anyone that was accepted without the CCRN? Should I apply and state on my application when Iím taking the exam or should I just forget about applying to those schools this year? Thank you in advance for your help.
- 0Feb 17, '12 by kuhRNIs the CCRN preferred or required at these schools? If it is just "preferred" I would definitely go ahead and apply if you are scheduled to take the test. I would also let it be known that you are scheduled to test and provide the date. I believe everyone I know had their CCRN when they were accepted to CRNA school. Also, if the application deadlines are in March and April you may get to take the exam before you interview so you will want to make sure you bring that up in your interview. Good luck!
- 0Feb 17, '12 by BxRN0808All schools prefer CCRN, very few require them. However, it is highly recommended. I took the CCRN in the middle of all the interviews and as far as the schools that did not know I was taking the CCRN, I did not get accepted. The schools that knew I passed it (told them during the interview), I was accepted to the programs.
- 0Feb 22, '12 by manuskoQuote from Education=SuccessWhy mention it at all? If it is scheduled before you have your interview, then you will have results and can give them an updated resume at the interview. If you state it, take and fail to get your CCRN then they may ask you for the results.Thank you for your help, I guess I will just apply and state on my application when I will take the exam. The schools that I am applying for don't have it on their admission requirements.
Sometimes getting the interview is half the battle. Having your CCRN would look good on your application, but having it scheduled might not make an impact.
- 0Mar 3, '12 by bloomRNI agree with manusko...I don't think I would tell them you are taking the CCRN exam unless it is an actual requirement for the program at which you are interviewing. I interviewed at 3 programs, declined to interview at another, and only 1 asked if I had or would be getting my CCRN. If they ask, tell them, otherwise I would not mention it for the simple reason that if by some odd chance you don't do well you have just shot yourself in the foot. I was accepted to 2 out of the 3 programs I interviewed at and all without the CCRN. My point is that these programs are good at determining if you know your stuff or not and sometimes offering too much information can hinder your chances rather than help them...just my opinion. Good luck!