Online CRNARegister Today!
- by Heidi the nurse Apr 27, '11I did a search, but nothing recent came up. I am currently planning on going back to school to get my Masters, and am trying to decide if I should do a FNP etc. Just wondering if there are any online or hybrid online CRNA programs. I know the nearest program to me is in Spokane WA, but I don't really want to move.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=558599©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,363 Views
- Apr 28, '11 by loveanesthesiaQuote from Heidi the nurseNothing online, nurse anesthesia is very 'hands on' and I don't see how an online program would work. Nurse anesthesia programs are intense and will require a lot of you.I did a search, but nothing recent came up. I am currently planning on going back to school to get my Masters, and am trying to decide if I should do a FNP etc. Just wondering if there are any online or hybrid online CRNA programs. I know the nearest program to me is in Spokane WA, but I don't really want to move.
- Apr 28, '11 by PMFB-RNNearly all CRNA programs likely have an online component but there are no online CRNA programs like there are NP programs.
- Apr 28, '11 by Heidi the nurseThanks thats what it looked like by a quick look online. Most of my family lives in Spokane, and I probably will move to that area eventually, just don't want to do it now. Still very early in my decision process with this anyway.
- Jun 12, '11 by Fawn_:)I am currently enrolled in the CRNA program at Bloomsburg University (pennsylvania) and ALL of my classes up until I start clinical are online. Which I love! The first semester is supposed to start full time in August but they give you the option to take two of the four classes over the summer to lighten the load. I chose to do that. So I am currently taking two classes (community assessment and theory) and in the fall I will have research and pathophysiology. And like I said, they are all online classes. That takes me to January which is when clinical starts. The clinical is 6 credits and the other 6 credits are epidemiology and pharmacolgy, which are both online. The clinical consists of 4 hours of theory/class per week and 6 hours of clinical.
- Jun 13, '11 by 37icurnHello Fawn, I am new to this thread, but I saw that you are currently enrolled at Bloomsburg. I have applied there for 2012. I will be taking 501(theory;I think) in fall of 2011. Any pointers on the interview process. If you don't mind, where did you work prior to applying. I currently work at Geisinger Wyoming Valley MSICU. I was planning on taking online summer courses but they were filled. Good luck to you, hope to hear from you about the program. Thanks
- Jun 14, '11 by Fawn_:)The interview is more about you and why you want to be a CRNA and why they should choose you. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. How long have you worked in the MSICU at GWV? Bloom told me they only have 12 seats per class and if the NP and CRNA students have those seats filled, students that are undecided majors must wait. I'm assuming that's why there were no seats in the summer session!
- Jun 14, '11 by Fawn_:)I have been a nurse for 5 years and I work in the Neuro ICU at Hershey and SICU, too. Forgot to add that to the last post!! Sorry!
- Jun 14, '11 by 37icurnI have been a nurse for 4.5 years, and worked at GWV for approximately 1.5 years.
- Feb 14, '12 by SRNA15hey fawn,
i recently accepted a position at bloomsburg university for the crna program and was curious if you could answer a few questions. i tried to send a private message but it was not allowed since i am a new member.