low undergrad gpa?Register Today!
- by nursemastermike Aug 7, '11ok so im getting closer and closer to applying to crna school. heres my stats....
4 years as a nurse (2 of which are ICU), ccrn, 1100s on GREs, BSN from a nationally accredited school, shadowed several CRNAs, but my only concern is my undergrad gpa which was only 3.2 all my science courses were atleast Bs, but its my other non sciences courses that weighed me down. Ive beeen taking graduate level nurse practitioner courses to help prove that I'm a changed person and I currently have 24 credits in core graduate nursing courses including advanced pharm., advanced patho, research, theory, ethics; all with a combined GPA of 3.7 . NOw my concern is will i satill be a strong candidate for CRNA school admission even with a 3.2 undergrad GPA?please any feedback would be apprecieated.thanks :/
- Aug 8, '11 by ckh23All of your stats look pretty good. Your GPA from your graduate classes will help with your GPA from undergrad. I personally think your stats look good enough to at least get an interview.
Just remember this is just one part of the admission process. Lots of people look good on paper and the fail the interview.
- Aug 9, '11 by nursemastermikehey Thanks for the reply, yea all im hoping for even just an interview in atleast a couple of schools im applying to. thanks for the insight
- Aug 9, '11 by fyraceSome school, like Barry, weigh the last 60 credits more favorably, knowing your early years may not have been good. My first year out of college I was in the mid 2.5s with my GPA, just graduated with a 3.54 GPA for my BSN and am already accepted to Barry.
- Aug 10, '11 by CVICU14How was gre?
- Aug 10, '11 by fyraceHow was my score or how was it to take? My score was 1160.
- Aug 11, '11 by CVICU14Sorry, I was asking for score. I bombed first time, plan to retake in a few weeks.
- Nov 11, '11 by MCleeezyhey I got accepted!!!! nursemastermike is my other username
- Nov 11, '11 by caliotter3Congrats!
- Nov 11, '11 by TXPARAMURSECongratulations! You're a success story and a spark of hope for other 3.2'ers with CRNA hopes like myself!