January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 12, '11 by fyraceIf you have an interview you have a good shot getting in, and most all who pick Orlando get it. I am in the Orlando component and start the head start Chem and Prof Aspects Aug 31st. Keep in touch and good luck.
- Jul 13, '11 by CougpinIcurslo. Congrats on the interview in August I will be there as well. I am leaning towards Tampa, because my wife wants to be closer to the beach. Is anyone familiar with the area around the Tampa campus? Is it a safe area?
- Jul 14, '11 by Snappz11I will be starting with Barry in January (hopefully at the Tampa clinical site) and currently live in Tampa. From what I understand, the Barry campus is located in or close to carollwood which is a decent area. However, the campus is also very close to south tampa which is a great area, although more expensive, so the commute would not be too bad...
- Jul 15, '11 by CougpinThanks for the info! I have heard great things about Tampa so I'm glad to hear that the Neighborhood is a good one. I'm about 90% sure that Tampa will be the campus I choose.
- Jul 15, '11 by Snappz11Cougpin-
Have you heard anything about the clinical site/ experience in Tampa? I am familiar with the hospitals but have never worked at any of them...
- Jul 15, '11 by CaliCVICURNI need some advice. I am interviewing August 22, 2011 for the Barry University CRNA program, beginning in January 2012. I am aware that there are already some threads on this subject, but none specific to what I'm searching for. As you may or may not know, there are several campuses including Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Ocala, etc. I was just curious if anyone has any insight on these sites from a cost of living aspect? I am not moving there for vacation, so I am hoping to chose a site that will be safe/affordable for my wife and myself. Also, has anyone been through the interview recently? The only thing I am concerned about is the test. (The chemistry portion in particular) If anyone has any insight on how to prepare it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
- Jul 15, '11 by Snappz11I interviewed for Barry in June. The interview consisted of a financial aid presentation, the chemistry/ critical care quiz, and the personal interview. The interview is very laid back.. why you want to be a crna, why Barry, have you shadowed, how have you prepared to enter the program... I was not asked any clinical questions. The quiz consisted of general chem, organic chem, and critical care questions...reviewing basic concepts (such as naming etc.) may help prepare you. However, I have heard that performance on the quiz does not influence admission to the program.
- Jul 17, '11 by CougpinSnappz11-
All I know about the clinical sights I have learned from different forums. I read one thread (I don't remember where) that went into detail about the Tampa clinical sights. It sounded like people were pretty happy with their experiences in Tampa. The only bad thing brought up by the posters was the fact that their isn't a level 1 trauma center among them. However St. Joseph's is a level 2 trauma center and I would imagine that it gets some pretty good cases.
- Jul 17, '11 by CougpinCaliCVICURN-
I have searched for rentals a ton near all five classroom locations. By far the cheapest location is Ocala. However the crime rate there is pretty small for a small town so I don't know about how safe it is.
- Jul 20, '11 by CVICU14Hello guys. Will be applying next year to the Barry program. Can you guys post stats?