January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - Page 2Register Today!
- May 20, '11 by Jbrock718I am still waiting to hear from Barry- as one of my schools has taken their time sending my transcript. Any info of interview process, what to expect (i.e more personal, or technical) would be great! I interviewed with FHCHS last week and thought it went really well...here's hoping!
- May 20, '11 by fyraceVery laid back, more personal than anything. Anyone picking Orlando as your preference? Let me know if you are and get it. Trying to get the Orlando group together.
- May 28, '11 by lisaa817Hi,
How long was it before you heard anything?
I applied for the program on April 8th and I havent heard anything yet. I called to check on my status the first week of May and they said they havent made a decision yet.
- May 29, '11 by mathakaDo they have all of your required information?
- May 29, '11 by lisaa817yes I got a confirmation email the day I faxed everything over jsut to make sure...
- May 29, '11 by mathakaYou might want email them to see what they say. If they say they are still waiting on a decision to be made, I would leave it at that. In my interactions with Barry, they have been very prompt and do exactly what they say. Good luck!
- May 29, '11 by fyraceTook me almost 4 months to get a call. Had everything in by October for early decision and got a call in February. Don't hound them, but keep up with communication. Even thought the take applications throughout the year, I think the "deadline" for next year is May, so you are just getting to the end of the regular admission season and wait to see what happens. They are nice, and will answer your questions if you ask.
- May 30, '11 by mathakaHello again fyrace,
A couple of questions for you , if you don't mind.
1. I have heard that Barry is a great program. What are your impressions of the program and the reputation it holds?
2. What are some benefits of attending the Orlando cohort?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
- May 30, '11 by fyraceYou can search the web a bit more regarding the Orlando cohort, but two of the best reasons are ORMC is a level 1 trauma center and the other is Arnold Palmer/Winnie Palmer hospitals are like the 2nd in the nation for deliveries and you will get more OB and trauma experience then you can shake a stick at. I hear the clinicals are rough and hard, but I hear you are WELL prepared by the time you are done. Before the end of the first year you will be running your own room, part of the schedule as an "employee." Wolverine Anesthesia is a tough group to work with, but I hear the experience is fantastic and you come out well trained and experienced.
There are some people who take that amount of pressure as a bad thing, but when I am done, I know I will be ready. I also am choosing this area because I live nearby, so altogether it was a no brainer. Plus, the guy I shadowed a bunch was a Barry grad and he was fantastic so I have alot of respect for the program. Again, I hear the Orlando cohort is one of the hardest though.
I think Barry is a good school. I have been reading/researching alot and don't hear too many negatives (other than it is VERY hard). They have been around along time, I hear good things about their program director, and I am looking forward to starting. I know there are worse schools out there, and for as much money as you are going to pay, I want to know I got a great education, and I think Barry lives up to the challenge. I guess I will find out soon!
- May 30, '11 by mathakaThat is awesome info. I will definitely consider the Orlando cohort. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for.