Entry-Level CRNA's will need DNPs by the end of 2015??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Entry-Level CRNA's will need DNPs by the end of 2015?? in Pre-CRNA Inquiry, part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I am entering a 2nd degree ABSN program at Hopkins this Fall with plans of entering a CRNA program...by CareQueen Jan 15I am entering a 2nd degree ABSN program at Hopkins this Fall with plans of entering a CRNA program after graduation, and of course after my acute care exp. requirement. However, I've recently stumbled upon some information which maintains that the Amer. Assoc of Colleges of Nurses is moving the entry-level of CRNAs from the Masters level to DNP or DNAP with mandatory implementation by year end 2015. Is this true???...I'm reading the AACN's website for futher confirmation but I just want to be sure that I am understanding this correctly. Will this affect ALL specialty areas of advanced practice or just the CRNA role?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808724©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,419 Views
- Jan 15 by CRNA, DNScnot required as entry to practice for CRNAs until 2025
- Jan 16 by TerpoleQuote from CRNA, DNScTrue. But I know of at least 2 programs that the admitted class this year will be their last master's cohort.not required as entry to practice for CRNAs until 2025
- Jan 16 by CareQueenQuote from MistaVTrue. But I know of at least 2 programs that the admitted class this year will be their last master's cohort.
Right...and this is what the AACN's website is saying...that a lot of the programs are already transitioning and will continue to. It's really no problem for me, as I'll do whatever I have to, but I wanted to be sure of the implementation date, as both 2015 and 2025 are currently floating around. Thanks!!
- Jan 16 by wtbcrnaActually, the AACN does not determine what a CRNAs entry into practice degree requirement will be. The AANA decided that a doctorate would be required for CRNAs entering into practice in 2025 or later. This was determined in part by the recommendation of AACN.
- Jan 16 by CareQueenOkay, thanks for clarifying!
- Feb 8 by EyesOnPrizeThanks
- Feb 25 by dimov13I contacted the program director of the CRNA prigs am that I'm looking into and she said that they will be switching to the DNP requirement within a year. So are a lot of other programs.