Dreaded CRNA Admissions EssayRegister Today!
- by statABG May 23, '12So, I have everything assembled for my applications to anesthesia school and I am totally stumped on the admissions essays. I don't know why I am having difficulty with this part of the process and it's frustrating the heck out of me. I don't even know where to start. I keep writing the first paragraph and deleting it because I don't like the way it sounds when I read it out loud. Anyone have any pointers? Any ideas/suggestions for a good way to open the essay? Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!
- May 23, '12 by RealNurse419Well why do you want to go into the profession? What inspired you to want to become a CRNA? Start there
- May 24, '12 by hokieicurnI opened my essay with a defining moment when I knew I wanted to be a crna...then talked about what my typical patients in icu look like then wrapped it into why I want to be a crna and finally how I know I can handle a challenging academic and clinical environment and give examples as to why....total length of 1 page single spaced
- May 25, '12 by beetlebumI also started to how I heard about CRNA and then I wrote about the steps of getting there.
- May 25, '12 by tswimFor ideas check out aana.com
Under "CE & Education" choose the link "Become a CRNA" scroll down to "Why I Became a CRNA"
You'll see the stories and over a dozen practicing CRNAs.
- May 29, '12 by beetlebumthanx. always open for ideas!
- May 29, '12 by statABGthanks a lot for the input. I'm almost done with mine. I'll give the brief once it's complete. Thanks again!