CRNA programsRegister Today!
- by tankar Feb 19, '06I am an experienced L&D nurse. Does anyone know of any CRNA programs that dont require ICU but will recognize L&D?
- 898 Views
- Feb 19, '06 by SmilingBluEyesMoved this one to the CRNA forum, so the experts here can help you out.
- Feb 19, '06 by FockerI'm pretty sure ICU/critical care experience is a universal requirement for CRNA school.
- Feb 19, '06 by maturnerThe following link will aid you in your quest.
- Feb 19, '06 by charles-thorL&D does not provide the skill set that admission committees look for in applicants. I did, however, go to school with people who only had ~1 of ICU experience following several years in L&D and did great.
- Feb 19, '06 by BigDaveWe have an ex L&D nurse in our program, but she worked in the ICU for a couple of years prior to entering.
The Air Force will accept high-risk OB, ER, PACU?, but they do not have a direct entry program like the Army has.