Barry University January 2011 - Page 8Register Today!
- May 10, '10 by shandsburnRN-CRNAmnurse13,
How long ago did you send the email with your questions? Its not really a good excuse but we just graduated Saturday and I know they've been busy preparing for that. Hopefully you will get your answer soon, they are usually good at returning emails.
I think you're smart for signing up for it, anything you can get out of the way before starting the program is always a good thing. Once they post the notes on the university intranet, they are available for the entire semester and they may be recording the lectures also, they did for us in the program so that we could go back a relisten later if need be. Dont know if its any different for the pre-program classes as they weren't an option when I started.
- May 10, '10 by mnurse13I heard back today from the professor, thank. Congrats again on graduating!
- May 12, '10 by bf24RNThank you every one for the great responses and information. Special thanks to Matt shandsburnrn-SRNA. I am gland I found this discussion, I feel better prepared and more at ease about my interview on June 14th. By the way congratulations to those that have been accepted, I hope to meet you all and be your classmate in January 2011!
- May 13, '10 by gatorRN97I got an interview!! On May 24th. So excited, but now I'm really nervous!! I've been reading this thread over and over again to try to calm my nerves, and it's nice to have at least a little information regarding the interview! Congrats to all who have gotten into the program...Hopefully I will be joining you in the spring!
Just one quick question (for now, I will most likely think of a lot more later, but to those of you who have been accepted, did you find out which clinical site you will be at, or did they inform you of when you would find this out?
Thanks to all who have provided insight into this! I'm soooo excited.. less than 2 weeks away!!
- May 13, '10 by jrv100Congratulations on the interview gatorRN97. Did they phone you today? When was all of your paperwork complete? My file was complete on March 30th so I'm starting to lose hope for me at Barry. Good luck on the interview! You'll do fine and your stats are fine as well!
- May 13, '10 by GasPasser123GatorRN:
Congratulations on your interview! I have not "officially" been told which clinical site I will be at, but they did say that since we were one of the first interview groups, that we would have a 99% chance of getting our top choice. Especially if it was one of the big sites (Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Gainesville). I chose Orlando since that's where I've lived my whole life and my entire support system is here. I know there should be lots of space in the Orlando cohort because only one other person in my interview was opting for Orlando and my buddy interviewed before me and he said he was the only one there for Orlando. There were lots of Tampa people at my interview. What site do you want to attend?
- May 15, '10 by gatorRN97JRV100 - I was slightly delayed in getting all of my information together...My application was considered complete around the first or second week of April, and they called me early Thursday morning. I wouldn't give up hope just yet - the last round of interviews is June 14th I believe, so there's still time for them to call!
GasPasser - Thanks for the quick response! My preference for clinical sites is Tampa first, then Miami or Orlando..I can't decide which one I want to put second, especially since it sounds like Tampa might be full by now. I know they're both great locations, and I keep going back and forth between the two. Either way, I'm sure everything will work out, regardless of where I may potentially end up!
- May 16, '10 by shandsburnRN-CRNAHey everyone,
After our acceptance I recieved 3 or 4 packets from Barry. One contained a list of the required books, etc. One contained housing options while on/near campus the first two weeks. One of them contained our clinical assignment and I'm pretty sure it was in the first packet. FYI, I was interviewed in May and recieved my top choice.
- May 17, '10 by mnurse13JRV100 - I would call the school and ask about the interview. Maybe they have your phone number wrong or your letter got lost. It won't hurt to call, it shows that you are interested, obviously you are. If they haven't selected you for an interview, ask if there is anything you can do to change their minds. re-take the GRE? Spend some time shadowing a CRNA? I'm just guessing. But I hope you get in.
For those of you who are in, I heard that you find out about your clinical site a few weeks before school starts.
I'm going to start a new thread re my questions about ANE 627A.
- May 17, '10 by time2sleepHello to my fellow class members of Barry University starting January 2011!!
I was at the April 19th interview, sitting (I believe) next to gaspasser123. We met up in the parking lot and walked in together! I was notified 1 week later, by mail, that I have been provisionally accepted, pending a copy of my RN license, PALS, and my BSN transcripts when my degree posts. I was also accepted to Florida Hospital in Orlando, but declined in favor of Barry. This week I'll be sending everything in for the transitions class, and in the Fall I plan to be taking the chem/physics and possibly the Research class...I'm psyched and very excited....I was told it was still too early for cohort assignments to be made...but I think I read about others getting their cohort..is it because I'm only provisionally accepted at this point? At the interview, we were told that because we were interviewing early, that we were pretty certain to get our choices...any info on that? I'm looking for Tampa first and Orlando only if I have to. Well, congratulations to us!!