Advanced Pharm or Patho online course Pre CRNA application?Register Today!
- by scanderson1987 Mar 8, '12Hi all,
I am wondering if any of you have any reccomendations on online courses for either Pharm or Patho. I plan on applying at the end of the year and need to increase my GPA (3.48 now). I am a travel nurse so an online course would be best. Any info on schools, tuition, fees, difficulty of the classes would be appreciated. I was going to take organic chem at university of New England online but the schools I am applying to don't require that course.
- Mar 8, '12 by Stymes07I believe UAB has an online pathophysiology class. UAB has somewhat reasonable tuitions rates too. I am not sure about any pharmacology classes.
- Mar 9, '12 by bloomRNI don't know much about online Pharm or Patho courses...do you mean classes that would transfer for CRNA school, or are you re-taking under grad Pharm and Patho courses? If you want them to transfer for CRNA school make sure that they are approved for transfer credit by the program you plan to attend. Another point to consider is the fact that most programs will consider you for acceptance based upon your GPA when you graduated from a BSN program. You typically can't increase a GPA simply by taking more classes after you have already graduated. Having said that, you stated that your GPA is 3.48 and you should know that I was accepted to multiple programs with a GPA just below 3.5 so you are probably just fine.
- Mar 9, '12 by rnforcrnaI am in the same situation. My GPA is 3.35. But If I do not get accepted this go around, then I plan on takins graduate pharm or patho.
I would prefer to do it online as well.
An info would be great!
- Mar 14, '12 by scanderson1987Yes, I am looking for courses that would transfer in as credit towards my CRNA school workload if I am accepted. I was thinking that taking the Grad courses might not increase my GPA but might show I'm trying hard and want to have a competitive application. Planning on taking (and hopefully passing) my CCRN within the next month so hopefully that will work out too.