UPenn BSN/MSN 2012 - Page 13Register Today!
- Feb 9, '12 by pink_zebraps, is anyone else accepted to Penn with the Anesthesia concentration??
- Feb 9, '12 by thuyd527I'm in the FNP concentration. But I heard the anesthesia interview was intense with a panel of people interviewing you. Congrats!
Has anyone filled out their FAFSA yet? I'm not sure what to put for some of the questions. Will our grade level be 1st year graduate/professional for the 2012-2013 school year? And what degree will we be working on; 2nd bachelor's degree or graduate professional degree? I've contacted the financial aid office but they haven't gotten back to me. Thought I would see if someone on here knows before I try calling the FAO office again. The BSN/MSN program is a little unique so I wanted to make sure I put down the correct information that would get me the most financial aid.
- Feb 10, '12 by ariana22
- Feb 10, '12 by ariana22I deactivated my fb months ago but I'm thinking of getting it back to join the group and meet some of you
- Feb 11, '12 by mz_maritWelcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More here is the group link again we're having a ball talking about housing, what philly is like, if i can get my yoga fix on the east coast (cuz i definitely get it in berkeley haha). looking forward to meeting you all!
i'm *very* nervous about the financial aid stuff... or just having massive debt. is it true that summer quarter per credit unit is $5,000??? i mean.. that is incredible. one CU is my savings account right now. generally speaking the financial aid office works with students to make upenn work for them, right?
- Feb 11, '12 by thuyd527i was looking at the tuition prices and trying to figure out the financial aid stuff as well and i think that one course unit is about 5000! it's ridiculous right! at first i thought the entire summer was 5000, but then i read it more carefully. the financial aid stuff makes me nervous, too, but i do think the office works with students. hopefully we'll all get a lot of aid. they said we should have an award letter within two weeks so at least we'll have that before we have to make a final decision.
- Feb 12, '12 by AniLMTPer course unit?! I was under the impression it was for the entire summer, too. Some of the examples of financial aid awards on the website are scary--people left with $19,000 per year after their award? Oh my goodness. I'm of the opinion that if they want us badly enough to accept us into the program, they should give us an incentive to go there UPenn, if you're reading this, we won't let you down if you don't let us down!
- Feb 12, '12 by pink_zebraI thought $5k was for the entire summer, too. If that is really per credit hour, that would be insanely expensive wouldn't it?
- Feb 12, '12 by pink_zebraOr im sorry, it is $5k for each course?
- Feb 12, '12 by mz_maritI'm going to email John Delong in a min and i'll post what he writes on here. It said "Per CU" on the website :| If it's 12 credits for the summer, yeah, that's an insane amount of money that just feels unacceptable to undertake in one semester.