University of South Alabama Family Psych NP program? - page 5
I'm planning to apply for Spring entrance. BSN gpa 3.2 PICU 1 year, adolescent psych 1.5 years at this point. Anyone have any info on their psych np program? Are my stats okay (nothing impressive I realize). Any info or... Read More
- 0Nov 27, '10 by WannabeaFNPQuote from Blessedx3How do I send you a PM?I am in the USA FNP program.....there is not one of the 120 people still left that would attend this program...Seriously. Please PM me before making the decision to go. Now I can't speak for the Psych classes--but can for the classes leading to that point.
- 0Nov 27, '10 by WannabeaFNPQuote from Blessedx3How do I PM you?I am in the USA FNP program.....there is not one of the 120 people still left that would attend this program...Seriously. Please PM me before making the decision to go. Now I can't speak for the Psych classes--but can for the classes leading to that point.
- 0Dec 3, '10 by ellenrn2000I too am interested in USA's DNP program.
I am a licensed FNP in California, but felt pressured to have the "DNP" for my teaching job. USA seems to be the most affordable and since it is mostly on-line it suits best for my current lifestyle. Searching through the treads, there are students that absolute recommends USA, and those who does not. Without going into specifics, could someone just post some experience since I can't PM anyone yet. Thank you.
- 0Dec 18, '10 by jrmcdoug2To anyone that has started this program:
I am a bit worried that psychopharmacology, genetics, nor biostatistics are not offered as part of the program. I want to make sure I am getting what I need to become a great FPMHNP. What are your thoughts? Is it covered in other courses?
- 0Jan 17, '13 by Naphisa03Hey! I am interested in appying here as well. How is the online program going? Do u have to set up your own clinicals preceptors or they do it for you? They told me i need 2 years as a psych nurse before applying for psych np program, dont know how strict they are on that. Any additional info, please reply to me. Thanks!
- 0Jul 4, '13 by peacefulAt the time my GPA was 3.5 with a BSN, 8 years experience as RN. My experience included working as a float in the acute care environment, tele, DOU, senior behavioral health, case management, psych adult locked unit. ACLS cert. I think the GPA requirement is higher now because there are so many applicants. What are your stats? Let us know and we can give recommendations. Also what are your goals? Why USA/which degree?