University of South Alabama Family Psych NP program? - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 27, '10 by WannabeaFNPQuote from Blessedx3How do I send you a PM?I am in the USA FNP program.....there is not one of the 120 people still left that would attend this program...Seriously. Please PM me before making the decision to go. Now I can't speak for the Psych classes--but can for the classes leading to that point.
- Nov 27, '10 by WannabeaFNPQuote from Blessedx3How do I PM you?I am in the USA FNP program.....there is not one of the 120 people still left that would attend this program...Seriously. Please PM me before making the decision to go. Now I can't speak for the Psych classes--but can for the classes leading to that point.
- Dec 3, '10 by ellenrn2000I too am interested in USA's DNP program.
I am a licensed FNP in California, but felt pressured to have the "DNP" for my teaching job. USA seems to be the most affordable and since it is mostly on-line it suits best for my current lifestyle. Searching through the treads, there are students that absolute recommends USA, and those who does not. Without going into specifics, could someone just post some experience since I can't PM anyone yet. Thank you.
- Dec 3, '10 by ellenrn2000Also, since I am a licensed FNP, how long would it take to complete the DNP program at USA, and does the school give advance credit? I searched in the USA FAQ and it does not address this question...and have yet to respond an reply e-mail from the school.
- Dec 18, '10 by jrmcdoug2To anyone that has started this program:
I am a bit worried that psychopharmacology, genetics, nor biostatistics are not offered as part of the program. I want to make sure I am getting what I need to become a great FPMHNP. What are your thoughts? Is it covered in other courses?
- Apr 23, '11 by Blessbhi all, i have been reading your threaded discussion which i have really enjoyed reading. i am just curious did any of you finally get accepted in the usa psy-np program for 2011?
- May 19, '12 by mentalhealthnurse32Hello everyone I have been accepted to USA Family Psych NP program for this summer. I was just wanting to see if anyone is currently in the program could give me some info on how the program is going for them? Comora
- Jan 17 by Naphisa03Hey! I am interested in appying here as well. How is the online program going? Do u have to set up your own clinicals preceptors or they do it for you? They told me i need 2 years as a psych nurse before applying for psych np program, dont know how strict they are on that. Any additional info, please reply to me. Thanks!
- Jul 4 by Naphisa03May I please know your stats? experience, gpa, etc? I want to apply next year, and want to get in. Any advice will help.
- Jul 4 by peacefulAt the time my GPA was 3.5 with a BSN, 8 years experience as RN. My experience included working as a float in the acute care environment, tele, DOU, senior behavioral health, case management, psych adult locked unit. ACLS cert. I think the GPA requirement is higher now because there are so many applicants. What are your stats? Let us know and we can give recommendations. Also what are your goals? Why USA/which degree?