University of Hawaii Manoa 2013 MEPN Program - page 5
Just started the app for this school's program. Anyone else thinking of applying here? I'm pretty annoyed at how expensive the application is: $100 for the grad school and $65 for the NursingCAS application system! This will be... Read More
- 0Interesting. I just got a call from UH asking me in more detail about my overseas volunteer experiences...so I know they're looking at our apps now! Didn't remember the guy's name but he said they look very favorably on overseas work experience. Hopefully I left a good impression.
- 0Nov 27, '12 by lalida@kangarhue The video was probably the most time consuming part for me. It took forever to edit! but hopefully I did a good job and it stands out.
@samdaman If they favor overseas experience then you and mrobinson has it in the bag! If I don't get in this year then I'll be doing peace corps before I apply again. Atleast I know that getting into the peace corps will help strengthen my applicaition!
- 0Nov 27, '12 by Kangarhue@samdaman so if they called you that has to be a good sign. They must be really interested in you, especially with all your oversea experience. If they make you an offer are you going there? Or are you set on columbia? Looks like a tough choice.
I hope that living here will help me get in. My GPA isn't very high so I bet they don't take me.
- 0@Kangarhue, that's a tough question! I hope they don't give me like a 30 day deadline to decide...but hopefully Columbia also offers early decisions too. I'm REALLY leaning towards Columbia right now especially since their program is a BSN/MSN which more institutions prefer.
I also just realized that I'm wearing my Hawaiian t-shirt today...maybe it's a sign!
- 0I just read through last year's Columbia posts and since I applied Priority Registration, I think that I'll actually hear about acceptance/rejection/deferral in mid December. If that's the case....it'll make me feel a bit more at ease not having to make premature decisions.