University of Hawaii Manoa 2013 MEPN Program - Page 5Register Today!
- Interesting. I just got a call from UH asking me in more detail about my overseas volunteer experiences...so I know they're looking at our apps now! Didn't remember the guy's name but he said they look very favorably on overseas work experience. Hopefully I left a good impression.
- Nov 27, '12 by lalida@kangarhue The video was probably the most time consuming part for me. It took forever to edit! but hopefully I did a good job and it stands out.
@samdaman If they favor overseas experience then you and mrobinson has it in the bag! If I don't get in this year then I'll be doing peace corps before I apply again. Atleast I know that getting into the peace corps will help strengthen my applicaition!
- Nov 27, '12 by Kangarhue@samdaman so if they called you that has to be a good sign. They must be really interested in you, especially with all your oversea experience. If they make you an offer are you going there? Or are you set on columbia? Looks like a tough choice.
I hope that living here will help me get in. My GPA isn't very high so I bet they don't take me.
- @Kangarhue, that's a tough question! I hope they don't give me like a 30 day deadline to decide...but hopefully Columbia also offers early decisions too. I'm REALLY leaning towards Columbia right now especially since their program is a BSN/MSN which more institutions prefer.
I also just realized that I'm wearing my Hawaiian t-shirt today...maybe it's a sign!
- Nov 27, '12 by marli17@samdaman, When should you hear back from Columbia? And good luck
- Last year's class was informed the 1st 2 weeks of February.
- Nov 27, '12 by lalida@ Samdaman looks like you may be safe because we will not know for another 2- 3 weeks if we get accepted
- I just read through last year's Columbia posts and since I applied Priority Registration, I think that I'll actually hear about acceptance/rejection/deferral in mid December. If that's the case....it'll make me feel a bit more at ease not having to make premature decisions.
- Nov 28, '12 by mrobinson69600That's great @samdaman, very promising! Did the person give a title when he called you? It's nice he gave a heads up that they look very favorably at overseas experience. That must be reassuring for you. Good luck!
- Nov 28, '12 by samdamanno, I'm so bad with names to begin with, but I think he said he was with the admissions dept