UI Chicago GEP Spring 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 10, '11 by buzzjmisspriss...thanks for sharing your background. im sure it will be useful many aspects of nursing. and in answer to your question...Though I think there are many attractive qualities for each NP specialty, I just found myself most interested in critical care. I like the pace and work environment, the fact that many patients you see may have the potential to fully recover, and that you are working with the whole spectrum of health care professionals (nurses, doctors, PAs...from what i understand it can be a very collaborative and team oriented atmosphere which is what I thrive in.
seaster...i believe that when i spoke with a rush admissions rep they wanted 3 of the 4 science classes completed and that was in november..maybe they changed the requirements?
one phoenix rising...i also have had difficulty finding a research methods course...however I will wait to see if I am accepted first to look into it any further
good luck everyone!
- Mar 10, '11 by softennyQuote from one phoenix risingSame here One Phoenix, I pray every night that Ms Kim respond to my emails she has not replied yet, and that makes me really nervousMe me me!! It's great to see another PMHNP hopeful on here! Unlike some of the other specialties, we don't have many options if we want to go the direct route. I hope we end up as classmates!
- Mar 11, '11 by sarahlI'm so happy to have found you all! I applied to the FNP speciality and look forward to NOT going though this application process alone. Cheers!
- Mar 14, '11 by rachelrae155Welcome, sarahl! I feel like the wait is the worst part about the application process (even though the interview notification/final decisions have a really quick turnaround)! Good luck to you!!
- Mar 15, '11 by seaster1Not gonna lie, I almost passed out when I saw that e-mail from Julie Kim. And all it said was that we could be waiting another three weeks!
Did everyone else get it?
I forgot how stressful it was to apply to school.
More waiting ... hum-dee-dum.
- Mar 16, '11 by one phoenix risingYup, I got it. Three weeks is ridiculously fast, though I know it won't seem like that while I'm waiting.
/Back to keeping myself busy.
- Mar 16, '11 by softennyI got the email too, and I was kind relieved that they are reviewing my application because that means that got all my transcripts, and they are giving me a chance, I pray it turns out good for everyone and for me too.
- Mar 16, '11 by rachelrae155Three weeks is super fast, but I know it's going to feel like an eternity!! I'm trying to not get too excited about the possibility of getting an interview, although I am keeping my fingers crossed. Based on other posts I've read, it sounds like (for some of the specialties at least) the admissions committee only interviews a very small minority of applicants. Aaack!
I hope you all hear back in the next few with weeks with some fantastic news!! By the way, is anyone else on here applying for the adult/geriatric specialty? Would love to hear from you!
- Mar 22, '11 by CLO233Got an interview for FNP!! Looks like there will be 24 people interviewing that day. I wonder if that is everyone they will interview for FNP, or if they will do further interview days. Hope everyone else gets good news soon!
- Mar 22, '11 by one phoenix risingQuote from CLO233Congratulations!!!Got an interview for FNP!! Looks like there will be 24 people interviewing that day. I wonder if that is everyone they will interview for FNP, or if they will do further interview days. Hope everyone else gets good news soon!