UCLA MECN 2012 - Page 25Register Today!
- Mar 21, '12 by junealexI wonder how far down the list did they get? Does anyone know?
- Mar 21, '12 by AuntySam@ ljy1987 and NurseZee
I know you expressed interest in meeting up sometime in May...would you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ?
FYI - for anyone interested in meeting each other sometime in May, please send an email to email@example.com
I've already received a few emails and what I'm doing is adding names and email addresses to my contact list. Then maybe in about a month, I'll send an email out to everyone with some options for the date and location, and y'all can provide me with feedback.
Since anyone can access this forum, I thought for security reasons, we should discuss the date and location through email.
I'm sure some of you already feel like you know each other, just from exchanging words in this forum. How nice will it be when you all get to meet in person! I'm excited From family, friends, classmates - moral support cannot be underestimated. It is so vital. Don't you all agree?
- Mar 21, '12 by AuntySamThose of you that are on the waitlist, I hope you can join us soon!
If you don't get offered a spot, remember - you're incredible for having made it far enough to get on the waitlist! If this happens, perhaps you can reapply and join us next year, or you can finish a program at another great school and join us in a few years as fellow nurses!
Many of us are biting our nails with you. We hope to see more positive posts in the next few days!
- Mar 21, '12 by goguemahCongratz to all of you who got accepted! and welcome to MECN family!
Those of you who are on the waitlist.. keep your fingers crossed cuz there are people who got bumped up from the waiting list at the very last moment (like during the summer).
Those of you who did not get in. It's a process. I personally got "rejected" the first time and got in the second time I applied to nursing schools. I actually learned so much during those 2 years, working as a research assistant and CNA, which further solidified my decision to pursue nursing!
Also fyi.. I'd personally recommend taking Nursing 50 at UCLA. 1) it is "easier" than the other online epi course at UCLA (according to other people who took the online course) 2) i met other MECNs ahead of time so it wasnt as awkward for me when the program started in Fall.
Aight then.. back to studying for finals. Damn is it already 3 am? lol 3 down. 2 to go!
- Mar 22, '12 by vgirlie163I am wondering how far down they got on the waitlist too. Do you think its a bad idea to email someone and ask? I just don't wanna feel like I am bugging them!Last edit by vgirlie163 on Mar 22, '12 : Reason: edit
- Mar 22, '12 by amyL.aseAs for how many people they let in on the waitlist, in previous years it's been ~20-25 people, but the class size for the MECN program has increased from 60 to 90 people. They said they're not sure how that will affect the waitlist situation. Hopefully that means it'll be more cuz I was #26!!
- Mar 22, '12 by goguemah@Blahitsosky
I ended up resigning from my job as a CNA... First two quarters are just brutal.. This quarter we just had like 4 finals in a row and one more coming tomorrow, plus endless paper assignments. There are others who are working as a per diem RT, ER Tech, etc... Some are managing.. some almost dropped out.. some just extremely stressed... They would work nights and then come to 8:00am classes right after their shift w/o getting any sleep...
For me it was just too stressful, and personally I wouldn't recommend working during the first two quarters. If you really do need to work, then I recommend picking up a job AFTER first two quarters (The most intense quarters from what I hear) IT WILL BE INTENSE IF YOU DO DECIDE TO WORK. but it won't kill u i guess.
I worked for like a month into the Fall quarter and I saw my grades start dwindling down, so I decided to quit working. For me grades are super important cuz i want to have anesthesia nursing option open for the far future... But if not, then grades don't really matter. Just make sure you pass the course with a B average!
One of my colleague said he was "pretty far down" the waitlist and he still got in... I would just email and ask them your waitlist position. I don't think it would hurt... if it's not too far down, I'd recommend finishing all ur pre-reqs by this summer.
- Mar 22, '12 by junealexAmyL.ase:
Did you get accepted off the wait list?
- Mar 22, '12 by junealexVgirlie163:
i am wondering the same??? Maybe we should ask...