Summer Entry 2012 Accelerated BSN Johns Hopkins - Page 23Register Today!
- Jan 26, '12 by leenakHow exciting!
Since I'm applying for the Fall and I have a summer class that most likely ends the first week of July, if I get accepted, I will be moving mid-July and classes start the end of August I believe. I just had my interview and although I don't think I did as well as I could've, I'm still hopeful.
- Jan 26, '12 by FNPHopeful2012Also, what gym do people use? Does JHU have a good gym for a reasonable price? I think I saw that it was $180/year, but not sure if it's actually decent. Doesn't look like there's a 24 hour fitness out there, which are pretty common in California. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
- Jan 26, '12 by leenakThe nursing students I talked to said there is a gym that is pretty nice that you can use for $10/month. Maybe they meant $15 if you got the $180 number?
I belong to Ballys although my membership is suspended since my local Ballys is sucky. I may reinstate my membership if there is a decent Ballys in Baltimore.
I also used to belong to a Crossfit gym. It was fun but pricey and I quit to save money for nursing school.
24 hour fitness doesn't seem to have much presence out here. And doing a general search of Baltimore gyms, most of the gyms seem to be independent rather than chains. I don't see some of the chains we have here in other parts of Maryland.
- Jan 26, '12 by jtmarcy12I don't know about JHH nursing school, but I was employed at JHH for about 6 years, initially as a travel nurse then I signed on as a permanent employee. I like the hospital b/c it is a teaching hospital, the residents are often accessible more quickly than the MD's Otherwise the hospital is on the cutting edge of the latest medical info. This is the only hospital I have worked where I have used leeches on a patient to control bleeding. I think working there for the experience is the best. But JHH is in need of a union because they don't always do the right thing for their nurses. But since you have been accepted into the nursing program I will stick with that. God Bless.
- Jan 27, '12 by ccb1heard back from JHU admissions re: summer entry BSN timeline. They said admissions notices would be mailed out "sometime next month." Not really the answer I was hoping for.
- Jan 29, '12 by dedicatedoneI just received my response from JHU...denied. I think at first I thought I would be ok...then 10 minutes later it wasn't ok. But such is life. I'll be focused on my other programs. Just came back from an interview with another program so who knows. Maybe it will open another opportunity. Best of luck to those still in the running This program is extremely difficult to get into so I congratulate anyone and everyone who gets in. Good luck!!!
- Jan 29, '12 by ccb1sorry to hear that you weren't accepted. but like you said, there are other programs out there. how were you notified? i haven't heard anything yet.
- Jan 29, '12 by dedicatedoneI received a letter in the mail. It stated I was not accepted to the BS program. So in essence I will not be reviewed by the masters program either. I believe I may have lacked a strong enough undergraduate background for the program as far as GPA goes because my pre reqs were straight A's, had extensive volunteer work, and work in the health industry. I am going to call and see if they can explain weaknesses in my application.
- Jan 29, '12 by FNPHopeful2012Sorry to hear about that, hang in there!!!
- Jan 30, '12 by leenakSorry to hear that dedicated!
Now I'm worried but I'll be ok. My undegraduate GPA isn't so great either but we'll just have to see.