Stony Brook MSN Summer 2011??Register Today!
- by Carla RNBC Mar 16, '11I have applied to the Stony Brook distance learning Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner master's program for Summer 2011. I am anxiously awaiting to see if I will be accepted. Anyone else apply for one of the NP programs at Stony Brook? If so, have you heard anything? Do you know when we will be notified? Any former or current students know when we will be notified?
Any students have any info on the distance learning program at Stony Brook?
- Mar 20, '11 by Carla RNBCAnyone out there go to Stony Brook? My friend got her letter of denial on Thursday. Her GPA was significantly lower than mine. I haven't received my letter yet. Is that a good sign?
- Mar 21, '11 by Roxy253I applied to the Adult Health Distance Learning program... Haven't herd anything yet either. I called the HSC office of student services, and was told they will be notifying within the next couple of weeks! I can't take the suspense!
- Mar 21, '11 by Carla RNBCGood to know I am not the only one from Stony Brook waiting... If we both get accepted, even though we are not in the same programs, we will have some of the same classes in the beginning.
My friend who applied for PMHNP for this summer received her notification on 3/17/11 that she was not accepted.
I emailed Dolores Bilges Sr. Staff assistant for nursing graduate school on Friday, 3/11/11 and she said, "You should be receiving your letter within the next week or so. May 2 and May 3 are the mandatory on campus orientation dates. At that time the course pathway is distributed. As of now, the pathways have not been set. Historically, the summer session courses do not require an on site visit. Instructions for submitting health forms are included in acceptance letters."
- Mar 23, '11 by Carla RNBCI just got an email saying I was accepted!!!!
- Mar 24, '11 by Roxy253congrats!
Hopefully I will hear something soon as well!!
- Mar 31, '11 by Carla RNBCDid you hear anything?
- Mar 31, '11 by Roxy253Still haven't heard a word!!! A few of my coworkers have also applied and haven't heard from them either!
- Mar 31, '11 by Roxy253So I got an email today... Waitlisted!! Ironic, because Stonybrook waitlisted me for undergrad nursing LOL... I guess it's on to more expensive Pace University!
- Apr 8, '11 by Carla RNBCRoxy253,
You may still get accepted. See the email I got below. Look at one of the last paragraphs where it talks about the programs being competitive and that I must confirm attendance to at the mandatory orientation by April 15th or my spot will be given to an alternate. Good luck!
On behalf of your Program Director, Michael A.Chiarello, Ph.D, RN, PMHCNS-BC, NPP, and the Faculty and Staff of the School of Nursing, Congratulations again on your admission to the Stony Brook University School of Nursing Graduate Program!
Your mandatory orientation has been scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, May 2nd and May 3rd, 2011 from 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM in the Galleria on Level 3 of the Health Sciences Center at Stony Brook. This will be the only Masters, Post Masters and Master's Completion orientation scheduled for 2011.
Registration for summer courses will take place at orientation after the advisement session. You will be required to register for Summer Session I which runs from May 31 to July 8, 2011. The Summer Sessions are short and it is expected that you adhere to all work submission deadlines. In addition, we are initiating a blended aspect to our curriculum. Students are required to attend class and/or lab on campus, typically at least once a semester. Notification for these required onsite experiences will be made prior to the beginning of each semester by your Program Director.
As a reminder, please make sure your annual health form has been updated. If needed a copy can be found below for you to use. It should be mailed to:
SBU School of Nursing
Office of Student Affairs
Attention Lisa Lent, L2-HSC
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8240
Tuition information can be located at: http://www.stonybrook.edu/bursar/tuition/grad.shtml
Please be aware that distance education students are assessed an Educational Support Services fee of $236.00 through University billing. This fee covers the copyright costs and the preparation of the Resource Library CD-ROM, user/tech. support via phone and e-mail, preparation and delivery of third party applications, video, application/system upgrades, materials (workbooks, Lotus Notes/Curriculum), and mailings of needed materials.
Our graduate programs are very competitive and our seating is limited, thus we have an alternate list for most of our programs. As of now, your seat for this orientation has been reserved. We must, however, receive acknowledgment of your intended attendance at orientation by email to Dolores Bilges at Dolores_Bilges@notes2.nursing.sunysb.edu before April 15th, 2011. If we do not receive this acknowledgment, we will need to make the assumption that you will be unable to attend orientation and thus unable to enter the program for Summer 2011. We will then offer your seat to an alternate applicant for admission.
Please find the technical requirements for the program, directions to the orientation, and a listing of local accommodations for the program attached below.
Additional information, will be emailed to you as soon as you send your emailed acknowledgement.
We are looking forward to seeing you on May 2nd and 3rd!