Pacific Lutheran University PLU ELMSN 2013Register Today!
- by Ceci81 Mar 19Hello there! Just curious if there are any other applicants, current students or former students out there. I'd love to hear about the program. Thanks in advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822487©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,174 Views
- Apr 5 by Fauc7621Hi Ceci,
I'll be in the 2013 cohort. Were you accepted as well or are you just considering their program? I'd be happy to answer your questions if I can
- Apr 8 by Ceci81I decided to apply last-minute--I got my BS in California and had trouble getting some of the pre-reqs approved since they were not taken in WA. Anyhow, thanks for replying and congrats on the acceptance! I won't know my status for a few more weeks I'm sure. How do current students like the program/what's the reputation locally? Are you in WA? What neighborhood would you recommend living in?
Thanks a bunch!
- Apr 12 by Fauc7621Quote from Ceci81Everything I've heard from current students has been positive. The people i've spoken with have seemed very pleased with the quality of their professors and their clinical experiences.I decided to apply last-minute--I got my BS in California and had trouble getting some of the pre-reqs approved since they were not taken in WA. Anyhow, thanks for replying and congrats on the acceptance! I won't know my status for a few more weeks I'm sure. How do current students like the program/what's the reputation locally? Are you in WA? What neighborhood would you recommend living in?
Thanks a bunch!
Both the PLU ELMSN and the APNI program at Seattle University have good reputations locally and both are supposed to be pretty tough programs. The programs are structured differently so I suggest you look into the program at Seattle U if you haven't already. I was fortunate enough to be accepted to both but chose PLU mostly because it's more flexible and you don't have to choose your msn specialty track at the beginning of the program. However, this does mean after the first 15 months at PLU entrance into the FNP track can be competitive. From what I heard from a current student there are 7-9 spots in the FNP program available for ELMSN students who want to go in that direction, so how competitive depends on the cohort. The guy I was talking with said that in his cohort, nearly everyone (around 20 students) wanted to go that route so it was competitive. In the cohort before his only around five students wanted FNP so everyone got in.
I live in Seattle and am likely just going to rent a room in Tacoma to stay at through the week and keep my place here. I'm not familiar with neighborhoods in Tacoma, ill probably just get a room in Parkland near the university. I've heard this is a bit of a sketchy area but rooms are around 250-350$. Good luck! Hope to see you this Summer and lemme know if you have any more questions.
- Apr 16 by Ceci81Thank you so much for all the great info! I really appreciate it.
- Apr 16 by anc89I was recently waitlisted, to the PLU cohort, I am not sure what that means in terms of my hope to get in. Does anyone have any idea what that entails?
- Apr 16 by sls2013I was wait listed as well for the PLU ELMSN cohort for June 2013. Also hoping to find out about likelihood of getting admitted into it, it is so nerve-racking not knowing. Congrats on the acceptance, hopefully I will see you all in class come June!
- Apr 16 by sls2013Cecil81, when did you apply? did you receive any notification at all yet?Last edit by sls2013 on Apr 16 : Reason: add name
- Apr 17 by Ceci81I applied at the end of February and received an email today saying I am on the waitlist for June 2013 as well.
- Apr 17 by Fauc7621Did anyone hear where they are on the waitlist? Or how many people they waitlisted? I assume they're still waiting on accepted applicants to pay for or decline their spots in the program. Good luck everyone!