OHSU Acc Bacc to Masters 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- I really don't want to call them and ask, but I may have to. I need to give an answer to another school very soon and since this is my top choice, I really don't want to put a deposit down elsewhere. Hopefully we will all hear something soon!
- Mar 8, '12 by Midwife22I'm surprised that lala100 received notification by mail. Unless, did you receive a phone call too? Past message boards and people I know who have been accepted were called. I've been hanging out by my phone all day but maybe I should be watching the mail carrier instead!
- Mar 8, '12 by lalala100I thought I would get a phone call too. I turned up the volume on my cell and jumped ten feet every time it rang but no phone call, just the packet. I do live in Portland though, and it was post marked on Monday so others are probably still en route for further locations. I would definitely call if your time limit is almost up for another school; OHSU wants their confirmation cash in by next Friday, which seems rather quick to me.
- Thanks lalala100! I appreciate they info!!
- Mar 8, '12 by Midwife22I live in the Portland area and just checked my mail and nothing. I called and they said letters were sent out on Monday and Wednesday. All notification letters have been sent whether acceptance,waitlist,or rejection.
- Thanks Midwife 22! Its good to know! But now I'm really freaking out!!
- Mar 8, '12 by Ms. BastetThanks for all the info lalala and midwife22...at least we have something to go off of now....other than our frayed and tattered nerves I mean!
- Mar 9, '12 by areawomanI got my acceptance letter on Tuesday!! No phone call for me, either.
- Mar 9, '12 by Ms. BastetCongratulations areawoman!
Still nada for me.
I'm trying to use this as an opportunity to detach myself and introspectively understand how to untangle the threads of wanting to be at OHSU so badly with the numerous other possibilities for becoming a nurse midwife. Because that is ultimately what this whole thing is about. Becoming a nurse midwife so I can advocate and provide a service to people who need very badly to have a voice in their own health care.
The nurse midwife I will become in the future is decided by who I am rather than where I am.
But it would be soooooo freakin' awesome to get into OHSU.
I did say I am trying, not that I've succeeded yet! ;-)
- Mar 9, '12 by arapI feel you Ms. Bastet. I'm going crazy!