OHSU Acc Bacc to Masters 2012 - Page 11Register Today!
- Mar 23, '12 by Ms. BastetAt the January potluck one of the faculty members mentioned that the number of students they accept into the Acc Bacc to Master's program is limited specifically by the accelerated portion of the program.
From what I understand, the Acc Bacc to Master's students attend classes and clinicals concurrently with the Accelerated BSN students. Because admissions into the Accelerated BSN program are the priority for OHSU, space is very tight for the Acc Bacc to Master's students (who are a minority in terms of applicant types).
- Mar 23, '12 by machokidi'm waitlisted too. pretty bummed because i know i flubbed the interview. i didn't want to mention during it that i had a small child at home--due to the fact that i assumed they'd hold it against me. now i think i should have come clean. i know when i've been the interviewer i sometimes get the feeling that people are not showing me their 'true self', and i distrust them. i usually interview well and hoped that good letters of recommendation, resume (10 years in women's health) and solid essays would make up for my truly average undergrad GPA.
i didn't apply to other programs because my partner is strongly opposed to moving from portland. i'm very discouraged, though i know people who were accepted into the accelerated program for nursing from the waitlist, and they are very impressive all around. initially i was just pleased to be asked to interview, so i guess i should keep looking on the bright side. i guess there is always next year.
- Mar 24, '12 by psych08Sorry to hear that, machokid, but definitely stay optimistic and feel proud you were asked to interview. Not a small feat!
Thanks for the acceptance info you guys passed along. I read on the FAQs that they accepted 15-16 students, but I don't know why I assumed that was 16ish for each track, rather than between them. Had I known I might have applied to the Accelerated BSN, too. Bummer.
I still have a "Plan B" so I am trying not to be too worried... OHSU is my dream school, though, so it will be hard not to feel discouraged if I don't get in this year. The most important thing is becoming an NP, so let's not lose sight of our ultimate goals!
- Mar 28, '12 by Ms. BastetI called on Monday and admissions said they still had openings for the Acc Bacc nurse-midwifery program. Has anyone heard anything this week?
- Mar 28, '12 by Midwife22Nope, nothing yet. Since the waitlist letter was due on March 23rd they probably just got started at the beginning of this week ranking the list. I assume they have to meet to decide the ranking and all that before making calls. Based on people I know who got in off the waitlist in past years and the message boards, I would expect a call either this week or next week if any open spots are available. They are on spring break right now though. Good to know that there are some spots still left! So anxious.....Last edit by Midwife22 on Mar 28, '12
- Apr 2, '12 by psych08haaa. you actually got that stuck in my head! thanks = P
- Apr 2, '12 by psych08I got an email this morning - and I'm in!! My heart sunk when I saw that I had received an email (rather than a packet or phone call) but it turns out that they had my old overseas phone number on file, not my Portland number. Otherwise they would have called, they said. Enrollment packets for psych students to be sent out this week. Wow!
Fingers crossed for the rest of you.. I really want to go to school with you guys!