Direct Entry MSN Programs 2013 - Page 61Register Today!
- Feb 21 by julsm14I am currently torn between going to Vandy or Emory for PNP speciality. I know they are both amazing programs, but they are both very far away from where I live, so have yet to visit either campus. I've been reading about the things being said about vandy lately, but if anyone had anymore insights about the school that would be great. As a new england girl, I know almost nothing about the southern schools and cities :P
- Feb 21 by bbccMost Vanderbilt specialties are 2 years for the MSN (1 year / 3 semester (including summer) for prespecialty and 1 year / 3 semesters (including summer) for MSN). Nurse-Midwifery is 4 MSN semesters. Any dual specialty has at least one additional semester as well.
- Feb 23 by KoKeAlmondb10-
Both BC and Vandy are 2 year programs - MSN.
- Feb 24 by Keats717Quote from ktbelleI talked with an admissions lady at MGH and she said the only problem with not having a BSN is that it limits you in teaching. So if you think you want to teach nursing, having a BSN would be good. Other than that, it doesnt really matter too much and shouldn't limit you. She also said that most schools will write a letter stating that their student has the equivalent of a BSN and that usually does the trick when applying to teaching jobs.Hello!
I've been reading this blog for a while, but have never posted. I am currently trying to make a decision about whether or not I am going to put down a deposit at Simmons. (I am waiting for other schools, but they won't notify me until after the deposit at Simmons is due)
I have been waitlisted for FNP at BC and am waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins, Northeastern, and several second degree BSN programs.
I am struggling because I am concerned about Simmons and BC not providing a BSN in their programs. Do any of you have any input regarding whether or not a BSN is necessary once you have a MSN? I have a bachelor of arts degree, but am concerned I will have trouble progressing in my career if I have a MSN but no BSN. What have you all who are considering these programs learned about this?
Thank you for your help!
- Feb 24 by Keats717Anyone heading down to the Vanderbilt open house next weekend?
- Feb 24 by adt913Quote from Keats717I'll be there!Anyone heading down to the Vanderbilt open house next weekend?
- Feb 24 by britters5KoKo-
I'm in Mass. I emailed them and asked when I could expect to hear back and they responded that I've been admitted. Still nothing in the mail.
- Feb 25 by hannahzpBritters5 just curious when did you email? I called last week and they said my application is still under faculty review, I'm thinking of calling again tomorrow.
- Feb 25 by britters5Quote from hannahzpLast WednesdayBritters5 just curious when did you email? I called last week and they said my application is still under faculty review, I'm thinking of calling again tomorrow.
- Feb 27 by KoKebritters5- who did you email?