CWRU GEP 2012Register Today!
- by seeeh123 Apr 11, '12I'm going to be attending Case Western's GEP program, beginning this fall! I'm hoping to see who else will be attending, as well as hear thoughts on housing, scholarships/loans, and when you will all be heading into Cleveland to get ready for the program.
I was also wondering how many of you are considering the DNP? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on why you're pursuing the DNP.
- 2,027 Views
- Apr 15, '12 by photonHi seeeh123,
I have a question about the program. When you are admitted to program, are you then admitted into both MSN and DNP program as well? If so, do you need to re-apply for the MSN and DNP program or are you automatically in the program through the graduate entry program?
- Apr 21, '12 by seeeh123Hi!
Based on what my interviewer and the website, once admitted to the GEP program, you have a spot reserved in the DNP program as well.
- Apr 30, '12 by Mrs. HallHi seeeh123,
I am hoping to hear back from Dr. Morris or a faculty member this week about a possible interview. I am excited/nervous/anxious about the whole process and would like to hear about someone else's experience. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
As for me:
FPB is the only school I am applying for lots of reasons (close to family, highly-acclaimed program, program schedule that makes sense, midwifery specialty, general impression during tour, mission statement/philosophy that I agree with, etc. I am planning on a midwifery specialty, but I am still very open to neonatology/pediatric/women's health options. Regardless of the specialty I choose, I definitely plan to pursue a DNP. Particularly with a midwifery specialty, I want to have a doctoral background if I am ever in a position to work in a private practice. Laws concerning the scope of practice for midwives are changing a lot, so I want to have the greatest degree of preparation possible. Plus, I really like school and can't imaging stopping short of a doctorate if it is as *easily* attainable as FPB makes it sound. That said, I am entering all of this already married with plans to start a family in the not-too-distant future, so I will ultimately have to see where I am in life when the time comes to choose whether or not to get a DNP.
- May 3, '12 by Mrs. HallI just scheduled an interview for May 15th at 9 am with Gretchen Mettler. Yay!
Does anyone who went in-person for an interview have any tips for where I should stay? I would like to stay somewhere walking-ish distance from Case, but I'm not seeing much. :/
- May 6, '12 by seeeh123Hi Mrs. Hall!
Sorry for taking so long to get a response, I sporadically check this site. As far as the interview, I would just come prepared to answer questions about your personal statement, and why you personally want to enter the field. I got into the WHNP track, so we have pretty similar interests! Gretchen is really nice, and she really explained to me the differences between midwifery and WH, which was helpful. I'm sure she'll do the same for you.
As far as the interview, I stayed at the Residence Inn, Downtown Cleveland. They have a shuttle that goes to CWRU for free on the hour.
- May 10, '12 by Mrs. HallThanks for all of the info, Seeeh123! I'm starting to feel less nervous and more excited these days!
How long after your interview did you get your admissions decision? I graduate on the 20th, and although it's probably unreasonable to expect an answer by then, I would love to walk across the stage knowing where I was headed in the fall.
- May 30, '12 by seeeh123Hi Amy,
Congrats!! Can't wait to meet you!
- Jun 7, '12 by amb389Hello! I was accepted to Case Western's GEP as well, and I am so excited! However, my acceptance is pending my passing of my ochem class, so I have not really been looking into apartments or anything yet! Glad to know people are out there starting to talk about our class though