APU ELM for Fall 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Dec 13, '12 by Krystal1987I'm admitted to San Diego summer 2013
- Dec 14, '12 by venusg04For those that have been accepted into the summer 2013 semester...where are you guys from and if you have to move what are your renting plans?
- Dec 16, '12 by mmcnabb3I was asked if i could do the summer cohort but i dont think i can, i still have a pre req to do at last minute and i still need to move to SD (from Newport Beach) so i think ill need the summer to move down and my pre req doesnt end until mid may....sad i wish i could start earlier with you two! So to the San Diego fall 2013 cohort....I cant wait to meet you all!
- Dec 17, '12 by venusg04I have been accepted for the summer 2013 cohort and was wondering what people's plans were for moving/living...
- Dec 19, '12 by Krystal1987My husband is military and we are currently stationed in SD so this was the only program I applied for. I'm glad I got in because I will not be able to move anywhere else. Long story short I will not be moving.
- Dec 19, '12 by venusg04Thanks for the response! Since you're in the area do you have any suggestions on decent areas to live in? Maybe close to school...
- Dec 28, '12 by mmcnabb3Id like to know too! Im moving in the summer
- Jan 5 by irisbdoHi everyone. I got a call a few days ago, follow by an email, that I have been admitted into their Fall 2013 San Diego ELM program! The email stated that a packet should arrive in the mail in the next 5-7 business days.
I am from San Diego and have always worried about moving to a new area that I am not familiar with. So I will try to write out as much as I can about areas I am familiar with around the campus. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I will try my best to help you answer as much as I know.
Areas I grew up in and closest to campus:
-Mission Valley (which is where the school is located). There are a lot of nice apartments around the area and a pretty safe place to live in. Some parts of the area can get a little busy because there are two big Westfield Malls nearby.
- Linda Vista, which is about 5-10 min from the school. Cost to rent is a little cheaper in this area and is not too far from the campus. In my opinion, Linda Vista is an older community, and not as nice as Mission Valley. Some parts may not be so safe to walk around at night, so do be careful if you decide to rent around this area. It is safest to drive around to places.
-Balboa or Clairemont, which is about 10-15 min from the school. This area is more mellow, there are more families living in this area. It is a safer area to live in, but depending on which part, rent can be cheap or a little more pricy.
Again I hope this helps! Good Luck everyone!
- Jan 12 by hughes317I just applied to the spring 2014 program. How long did it take for anyone accepted to hear back from the university? The wait is killing me!
- Jan 12 by shamu12Has anyone heard back for the Azusa location fall 2013 ?