Anyone applying to UAB MSN program? - Page 22Register Today!
- Jul 21, '11 by jkRN223My first semester will be patho and issues...I've faxed the paperwork, done the background check, and going to UDS tomorrow. Nervous about starting the medical clearance stuff as it looks pretty confusing. But all the questions answered on here have been very helpful as I am just now going through all of this And I think the facebook group is a great idea...I'd love to get to know everyone else starting school!
- Jul 21, '11 by JSoupyERnurseLuvlee: It took me 2-3 days after turning in the first 4 documents to set up my blazer account. I had called the SON office prior to that and they told me once those first 4 were received I would be able to set it up after a few days and I was able to do that. Also, I was able to go ahead and complete all of my financial aid requirements.
I also set up my immunization tracker by uploading everything as one document and applying it to all of my requirements. The only thing that was not approved was my meningococcal section. You must put N/A here if it is not a requirement for you. It cannot simply be left blank. I had to resubmit with N/A and am awaiting to see if it is now complete.
JK: We have the same classes next semester. I too think a facebook page for our class is a great idea. I think that would be an awesome way for us to compare, encourage, and help eachother.
One more thing...I got the patho and issues books. The Patho book is HUGE!!! The good news is everything in it so far is familiar from previous classes, but there is a lot of content. The issues book is much smaller
- Jul 21, '11 by danapjmsnI've decided to go o UAB instead of USA for the anp program...post masters. Talk about going back and forth in my head. So far I have submitted the acceptance forms ,ferpa, CPR, and license. I did the background check and the uds. Im now trying to upload the health forms. I'm scheduled to take adv. Path in the fall too. What book do we need? I don't have that information yet. Thanks Dana
- Jul 21, '11 by luvleeeI've got my blazer id registered.
When can we register for classes?
I'll figure out the facebook group as soon as I can.
for advanced patho, the book ISBN is
• Edition:6TH 10
i think i have to add people as friends before i can start a group because it requires me to invite people... and i am not facebook friends with anyone starting UAB MSN Fall 2011.
- Jul 21, '11 by CCRNDivaCongratulations on your admission to UAB guys and gals!! I would say good luck but I don't think you'll need it
- Jul 21, '11 by jkRN223Luvlee--maybe if you try to invite a close friend or something so that it will at least let you create the group? And then we can all find it and join?
And thanks for the book info! does anyone know what the book info is for the issues class?
- Jul 21, '11 by luvleeei invited my bf... hah.
join, Fall 2011 UAB MSN students ^^
- Jul 22, '11 by OccNurse11Facebook group is a great idea. Just requested to join.
As far as books, since I haven't spoken with my advisor yet, do we simply order them from Amazon? My last on-line program gave access to the library and the texts were all accessible that way so we didn't purchase books. Guess I still need to wait to see what text is needed for Role Development and order them together. Funny, for someone who survives by doing everything at the last minute, I'm amazingly stressed about getting everything lined up and ready to go.
Anybody else have Role Development as well as Path this Fall?
- Jul 22, '11 by OccNurse11Don't you just love it when you ask a question then find the (simple) answer yourself! Was able to get into BlazerNet and while I can't register due to holds (paperwork is in, just not medically cleared as yet) I was able to see the classes and the wonderful link to B&N for ordering the text books. Question answered.... lol
- Jul 25, '11 by lemberoHey Guys/Gals,
Rob here from Atlanta. I wanted to throw out a congratulations to everyone. UAB's program is well know and getting in is quite an accomplishment!
I'm be in the Adult Acute Care NP program, anyone else in this concentration?
Kudos on the Facebook Group idea.