2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 22Register Today!
- 75% of interviewees accepted
- Quote from lifeismuzikI am sorry to be messing up this thread!! I clearly do not know how to use this website. The reply vs quote is difficult as is trying to delete a post!!75% of interviewees accepted
I hate to clog this up--I have read other threads on here and I know how long and redundant they can get! Sorry!
- Nov 15, '12 by hollysfLifeismuzik,
75% of all BSN/MSN applicants are interviewed. I would assume they are considered the "top" applicants. My understanding is, if you are not invited to interview for your specialty, you are out of the running for the ABSN/MSN program. If you are not offered an interview for your specialty, you may still be considered for the ABSN (I think). Bardone and I provided the acceptance rates (among other information we collected at an info session) on pages 6 and 7 of this thread.
On page 6, Bardone said, "Last year ~600 people applied; 100-125 were admitted; they hope to matriculate 80-85 BSN students." If there are ~600 applicants, then ~450 of those applicants are invited to interview. If ~100 students are admitted, then you have about a 20-25% chance at being accepted after your interview.
- No interview for me guys ( which I had a major feeling about) anyway, I am out of the running for BSN/MSN ACNP but! I am in the pool for the ABSN. So, who knows!? Columbia is my first choice so until a notice in February then. congrats everyone!
- Nov 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24Morganw, I'm so sorry. Did they email you that? I can't believe it
don't feel bad as I said Columbia is my top choice and I'm dying to go to NYC. yeah they emailed me saying that my application is being forwarded to the BSN second degree committee and that I will be notified for an interview up until January 23 2013. anybody else in the same boat out there??
- Nov 15, '12 by sef107Hi everyone! I just joined this thread, I'm incredibly late! I've been reading everyone's comments and I'm glad that some of you found out the percentage of interviews for applicants...I've been researching like crazy trying to figure out how competitive it is. I received an email and I got an interview for Peds! So happy that there's at least a chance now. I go to school in Boston so I'm going to try to fly down for the interview and hopefully make it back Monday night. Can't wait!
Good luck to you all
- Nov 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24morganw, I will be praying for you to get into Columbia! I know you aren't the only one either. I'm still waiting... so I called again to ask them what was going on and apparently peds critical care and neonatal faculty went to a convention so they're the last to get sent out and they're hoping to have it done by the end of the day tomorrow, and the applicants for my specialty will know either way where they stand.
sef, congratulations! Are you peds primary care?