2013 UCSF MEPN Applicants - Page 9Register Today!
- Aug 31, '12 by kdiemHi Scwolf,
I emailed Steven but he hasn't responded... so I called the office. Apparently you can submit your application before all letters of recommendation come in. That's good news because I wouldn't want to wait until next Tuesday to submit it. It's going in today!
I am also taking sociology this semester to open up my options to UIC and Duke. I think Columbia also has some requirement for two humanities classes. Either way there's no wrong in taking sociology and even anthropology. I still have a good amount of applications to work on after submitting UCSF. Which schools are you planning to work on for the rest of the the year?
- Aug 31, '12 by kdiemSUBMITTED!
- Sep 3, '12 by scwolfCongrats!
I want to stay pretty local to the SF BAy area so I'll be applying to SF State, CSU East Bay and CSU Sac to start with. There are later app deadlines for schools I am considering, like San Jose State and Sonoma State. All BSN or ABSN programs. Oddly enough, I may also apply to Western Carolina University, as I hear they have a good program and my husband and I have relatives in Asheville. Whew! It's a lot of work.
- Sep 4, '12 by kdiemI didn't realize there were ABSN programs for SF State, CSU Easy Bay and CSU Sac. I am from the Bay Area and would love to apply ABSN programs locally. I will look into these now
- Sep 4, '12 by kdiemOkay just looked into. I'd need to take a couple more prerequisite classes in order to qualify... (intro to psych though I did take life span development, speech, communications...) ehh. I'll be crossing my fingers for all my other schools now! I wish UCSF wasn't the only California school I'm applying to.
- Nov 13, '12 by bardoneSo... should we all expect to receive our rejection/request for interview letters during the first week of December, as has happened in past years? I don't know if their protocol has changed.Last edit by bardone on Nov 13, '12
- Nov 13, '12 by kdiemBardone, I'm curious too! I was thinking it would be the first week of December like past years. I'm surprised we don't find out a bit sooner since their deadline was so much earlier than the rest.
- Nov 13, '12 by meli.avilabardone, I was wondering the same thing. I just heard back from UPenn (I believe I saw you in that forum too) and it made me wonder about UCSF.
I was at the American Public Health Association annual conference in SF in the end of October. I spoke to someone from the UCSF nursing faculty and all she said was "in the next month or so." So not much info there...
- Nov 24, '12 by bardoneArrgghhh.... I can't wait to receive that stupid letter so I can get this school out of my mind... I'm having dreams about being rejected!!! Brain, what is going on???
- Nov 25, '12 by rainkissedleavesSF State only offers RN though right? Not NP. Am I correct?Last edit by rainkissedleaves on Nov 25, '12