2013 UCSF MEPN Applicants - Page 8Register Today!
- Aug 27, '12 by myelinbardone - I know for a fact that there are MEPN grads working at SFGH as NPs... so ... no worries. Good luck!
- Aug 27, '12 by scwolfsamdaman and others,
The admissions office got back to me about my transcripts. Although the application site didn't show any of the transcripts received (after I locked my application), they say that they have received all but one set of transcripts. When I logged onto the application site right now, they have updated the status of my transcripts to show that they are "received." I don't know if they have updated everyone's infomation or just mine. When you lock your application, if your transcripts' status does not show "received," you might want to check in with admissions.
Now, I'm off to track down the missing transcript...
- Aug 29, '12 by scwolfHi All,
This thread seems pretty quiet, compared to past years. Are there any other places online you are chatting with people? (FB? or...?)
Maybe it's just that UCSF has smoothed out a lot of glitches in its online application.
Best Wishes to you all.
- Aug 29, '12 by samdamanor maybe there are less people applying (good for us!).
scwolf, I e-mailed Steven but I haven't heard from him about my transcripts. I had to send in a replacement one for one of the schools because I just finished my microbio class last week...so hopefully they don't mix up the two and auto-disqualify me.
- Aug 30, '12 by bardoneI suspect there are a lot of lurkers
Honestly, though, the application process has been pretty straightforward, and the 2012 thread covered a lot of topics I had questions about. Perhaps we'll all have more to chat about if we end up getting to the interview stage!
- Aug 30, '12 by scwolfAll lurkers welcome.
Yeay, here's to getting interviews! I'll meet you all for a beer or tea or whatever your beverage of choice is. Heck, if I get an interview, I'll buy your drink.
- Aug 30, '12 by bardonescwolf, it's a date. I'll be rooting for you!!!
It seems like an eternity until we even hear that much. I'm "thankful" that I have a few other applications to work on this fall. My goal is to start a program by next summer, so I just can't put all my eggs in one basket, even though I might prefer one program over another.
- Aug 30, '12 by kdiemAgreed! I will definitely be up for going out for drinks if I was offered an interview. Good luck to everyone! I'm still waiting on one last letter of rec before I submit mine. I'm really antsy and already rushed my letter of rec writer enough =\ Do you know if we can submit the app before all recs are submitted? I can't believe we have to wait 4 months for results!
- Aug 30, '12 by samdamanSounds like we're going to have a jolly good time with all the rounds of drinks we'll be hopefully buying each other! And yes, having to wait 4 months is annoying. Wouldn't it be nicer if these schools offered rolling admissions?
- Aug 30, '12 by scwolfThanks, Bardone. And, yes, drinks all around.
I'm also keeping busy in the interim with other apps. At the same time I'm rounding up random pre-reqs needed for other schools, such as Soc. My plan is to try to forget about UCSF while I wait (MEPN? What MEPN?). Stay distracted.
Good luck with your last rec, kdiem. I wouldn't close until it's in. Maybe you could email Steven for his opinon on that.