2013 UCSF MEPN Applicants - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 3, '12 by samdamanHas anyone else noticed that UCSF increased the price of the 1st year by $21,000 over the previous year's tuition?! This is INSANE! So now the first year is going to set you back $55K.
- Aug 3, '12 by myelinThe tuition is a huge problem that just keeps getting worse. It keeps going up each year. 55k is what we're paying this year, and unfortunately, it will likely go up again for you guys.
- Aug 7, '12 by kdiemMidwifery specialty applicants- I've been checking daily to see when the specialty is updated on the application site. Has anyone had success with this?
- Aug 7, '12 by kdiemoh nvm! the person in charge of updating the specialities will be back in the office later this week.
- Aug 10, '12 by MimiAzu929@leeezy
Cool, I am also applying to the pediatric program!! :-)
And when I first read that description of who to chose for letters of rec, I was wondering the same thing.. I ended up talking to a grad school advisor from my school and she suggested I use more work/volunteer references than academic references so I asked 2 professors and 3 work/volunteer supervisors.. As long as they can answer the questions well enough I don't think it will matter too much!
- Aug 14, '12 by ktom805Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm excited (and nervous!) to see all the buzz about apps.
I'm applying to master's entry programs for Pediatric NP (and FNP for a few schools that don't have the PNP). I am choosing nursing because I really want to do primary care and to work with underserved populations locally and abroad. UCSF is my top choice since I'm a San Francisco native, but I know it is really competitive.
@meli.avila Iím interested in the public health minor also! Iím planning on doing the PNP, but I love doing volunteer work abroad.
@leezy & @ MimiAzu929 - yay for peds! are you both planning on the PNP or acute care?
@joaniiieh31 I have the same problem. I wasnít thinking and pushed my GRE back to Aug 28th, not realizing it takes 10-15 days to report. The deadline this year is Sept 4th, due to the holiday. I spoke with UCSF today and was told that they wouldnít drop your application, but your application would be put on hold until they receive the score. She highly suggested to me to try to move my test date up if possible because they are going to have a lot of applications to look through and having yours delayed may affect your chances. So I moved mine up to next week >.<
Only 20 more days to go! Good luck everyone. =)Last edit by ktom805 on Aug 14, '12 : Reason: grammar
- Aug 14, '12 by samdaman@ktom805, I'm cutting it close with my app too since I'm taking microbio right now and the class ends on the 24th. I hope that my transcript can make it up to S.F. in time for the deadline and not be stuck in an administrative pile of paperwork! Good luck to you!
- Aug 18, '12 by scwolfHi folks,
I love reading all of your comments.
Does anyone know how we know if/when UCSF has received our transcripts? I have quite a few. I put in requests for all of them over a month ago but i don't see any way to check if they have arrived. If I knew one had not shown up, I could get it re-sent before the deadline. Any ideas?
Thanks and good luck, all.
- Aug 20, '12 by bardoneHi again,
In a previous post I'd mentioned -- then deleted, due to an incorrect spelling -- the email address of UCSF's go-to MEPN guy, Steven Johnson. His email address was given to me by a Nursing Affairs rep over the phone a few months ago, who urged the use of his email to ask any questions about MEPN apps instead of phoning in. It works! He's replied to my two emails within hours. You can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck, all...
- Aug 21, '12 by scwolfGreat! Thanks, bardone.