How to be a Registered Nurse-Midwife in the Philippines? - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 26, '11 by izzageeits good to know PRC will entertain queries about this. i'm going to let my friend know. although she also just passed last july 2011... it'd be good for her to know all these first hand
- Dec 5, '11 by imaboybetter secure a copy of the guidelines on how registered nurses can take the midwife licensure exam.. you can ask a copy of that guideline to the secretary of the bom on the 3rd floor, prc building... follow those guidelines and adhere to those because BOM are very strict when it comes to cases you've actually handled..
- Mar 22, '12 by janeenjoy86hi to all!
I just want to ask if the review of the documents done by Board of Midwifery is too long? Because, I passed my requirements last Mar19,2012 as Nurse-Midwife and the PRC said that we will wait their text if our application is approved or disapproved by the Board. It's been 3 days since I passed all the requirements. Now, I went to PRC to ask about my application and they answer me that just wait for the Board.again! I don't know if I am going to review or not... By the way, the exam is on April 15 and 16...
- May 19, '12 by migraineattacknope. sorry nurses. only ladderized nursing/midwifery students are allowed to take te board. i think the last bAtch of nurses who took this exam was on nov2009
- May 24, '12 by AhaiiiiiiiiYes! It is now required to study the Midwifery curriculum first and complete the PRC requirements before the RNs can take their MLEX.
- May 30, '12 by jadedmeReally? Said who? Are you from PRC?
- May 30, '12 by migraineattackQuote from jadedmelolz.see for yourselfReally? Said who? Are you from PRC?
- May 30, '12 by jadedmeAlright. I'll go there later.
- May 31, '12 by jadedmeAlright. As promised I went to prc earlier. So many would be teachers and seamen were there. I went to window 9 of the application department and the lady there gave me the guidelines:BASIC REQUIREMENTS:1. NSO birth certificate2. Tor3. Passport size pic with name tag 4pcs4. Cedula5. Exam fee- 600other requirements:1. Prc Id2. Board cert3. Cert of consent (from the affiliated hospital; lying-inns etc)4. Record of deliveries handled5. Cert of trainings/ seminars of supervising RM6. Prc ID license and employees' ID of both supervising RM and certifying officerstraight from the list which the lady gave me to have it photocopied. So there is no mention of having to take the midwifery curriculum or ladderized students. so if I were you people I won't just believe other people just because they said so. You can go to prc window 9 application department. The purpose of this thread is to help fellow RNs with their queries particularly taking the RM exam and I just can't believe that even here crab mentality is rampant. Very Pinoy huh?
- May 31, '12 by jadedmeAnd btw, to those of you who are from Manila and would like to complete their cases in lying in centers, you have to construct a letter of request and address it to *****, acting city health officer. Go to the city hall, the middle part or you can just ask people there to direct you towards the Manila health department. And then go to the records section. Someone will accept your letter and will instruct you to write your contact number so they can contact you once your request is approved which may take a week as per the lady who received my letter. You have to secure 3 copies. I also asked if I get to choose the lying in but the lady told me to wait until they contact me so there. There goes everything that I know based on what I've gone through the whole day which btw is super stormy.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on May 31, '12 : Reason: name removed, please use the pm system