WCU Accelerated BSN, any thoughts? - Page 8Register Today!
- Mar 26, '10 by toya0419Wait a minute!!!! I think we need to get confirmation from someone else in financial aid because there is no way for any student to be full time in the summer, in fact most schools will only allow 6 credits during summer sessions..So something must be up..Im going to get in contact with financial aid on monday, I'll speak with the head of the department if I need to, but we need to get the bottom of this!
- Mar 29, '10 by Lefty LouIm going to try and talk to financial aid as well but they still have not emailed me back since last week. I really do not like how disorganized and last minute everything is so far. We can be full time in the summer but like I said there are only limited classes and the ones that would work with our schedule would be for 4 hours twice a week at night. Or they also have some classes that are 8-5 for one week before or after our classes start. If you find anything out, let me know. Thanks!
- Mar 29, '10 by toya0419Hey everyone I called Dr Monturo first who informed me that she wasn't sure, but believed that full time in the summer was 6 credits. She then directed me to financial aid. I called financial aid office and spoke with a rep who assured me that all students in every program at wcu was eligible for federal aid as long as they took a minimum of 6 credits fall, spring or summer. We are taking 9 credits this summer, so based on what this lady is saying we should be fine. Im hoping this is the case, but like I said I havent recieved the email that others recieved so Im not 100% sure
- Mar 29, '10 by Lefty LouThat is helpful, I think I am going to call also because I saved the emails and each one says we must take 12 credits to be considered full time, and you must be full time to receive any kind of financial aid. I just really want to know because I was going to call my bank and see about getting a private loan. Also, we dont know how much were receiving from the school and it worries me. I would hate to start the program and have them say oh you're only getting this much aid and it doesnt even cover what I need.
- Mar 30, '10 by toya0419Im worried as well. We are due to start in a little under two months and I have nothing straightened out.. I will be grateful to get my admissions packet and acceptance letter by the end of the week. I also am interested in our book list I want to try to get the books online at a cheaper price before classes start.
- Mar 31, '10 by djamesToya please let me know if you find a book list, and will do the same if I get one first. I got the official letter from admission on Saturday just sent in the deposit on Monday. What did you say you received from the school after they got the deposit?
- Mar 31, '10 by toya0419Quote from djamesDarren, I just recieved my official letter yesterday. I am going to send my deposit sometime this week so I am unsure what happens after that. But I will keep you posted about the book list if I get it!!!Toya please let me know if you find a book list, and will do the same if I get one first. I got the official letter from admission on Saturday just sent in the deposit on Monday. What did you say you received from the school after they got the deposit?
- Apr 1, '10 by howard1913Guys I have been calling the financial aid office almost everyday asking the same questions, but getting different answers from everyone. What is constant is that WE MAY HAVE TO PAY OUR SUMMER AID UP FRONT FIRST because they may not process the SUMMER AID in time for us to start school on MAY 24th. They say they can not process SUMMER AID until SPRING grades come out..I Informed them that ADVANCE BSN STUDENTS are not awaiting SPRING grades and that our AID can be processed NOW. If we as a "COHORT" can come together and call and make this an issue we may can get our AID processed! I did not plan to pay my first semester OUT OF POCKET. I think it is stupid that they are processing FALL/SPRING aid before the SUMMER. Please call and stress your concern at 610-436-2627.
- Apr 1, '10 by howard1913ok i just got off the phone with finanical aid at @2pm. she said that they are very busy and would not be able to process in summer aid until maybe the end of april and they may be done before classes, but our bill will be due before than. starting tomorrow i will be emailing "important people on the wcu financial aid staff". below is the list i will send my email to. please also send out emails so that we can get our needs met. can you also post the response you recieve so we all can be enlightened with what is going on. disorganized and i am getting anxious.
general email address: email@example.com
assistant director: firstname.lastname@example.org
student loan officer: email@example.com
information speicalist: firstname.lastname@example.org
information speicalist: email@example.com
information speicalist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apr 3, '10 by djameshttp://www.wcupa.edu/_services/fin_aid/forms.asp
I talked to someone in Financial Aid and they told me. I had to submit the Summer 2010 Fin. Aid Application in the link above.
This is need after they have your FASFA. 09-10 form. I just scanned and e-mail mine to them. Let me know if you get any other information.