UPMC Mercy School of Nursing -Class of '15Register Today!
This is a discussion on UPMC Mercy School of Nursing -Class of '15 in Pennsylvania State Nursing Programs, part of Pennsylvania Nursing ... Hi AllNurses community! I have been searching for a thread for the UPMC Mercy Hospital Class of...by mc86mcd Jan 4Hi AllNurses community! I have been searching for a thread for the UPMC Mercy Hospital Class of 2015, but alas; no such luck. Therefore, I created one!
I was accepted to start in August 2013 and was looking for others who were, or are looking to be accepted. I know it's early still, but I am ready to start school and secure a study group.
Now to my question: I know Mercy has a tuition contract. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a good deal? I know they are sending information about it, but I am interested in hearing opinions.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805952©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,921 Views
- Jan 6 by bieralynnI have heard of the tuition forgiveness that they offer. I am really interested in that. I just applied to St. Margaret's so I know everything is similar. How long did it take for you to get your acceptance letter?
- Jan 6 by kitty_deville13First off, congrats on getting accepted! I'm in my first year at Mercy now. It's such a great school and you have made an awesome choice! Tuition reimbursement is a great option. Everything should be in your packet explaining it more. I believe most of my class is enrolled in it too. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to let me know!
- Jan 8 by NursingRocks24Congratulations on being accepted! I am currently submitting my application for the PSB exam and I pray I will be accepted into Mercy's program for Fall 2013. Originally I was interested in going to CCAC, and I would never say anything bad about them or their nursing program, because I know they are good, but I always wanted to attend Mercy's program, and I believe it is the best thing for me. May I ask how quickly the application process was for you - from the PSB exam to finding out you were accepted? I will be sure to keep coming back to this thread. Congrats again and hopefully I will see you in August!
- Jan 8 by mc86mcdNursingRocks24, I want to start by saying good luck on the PSB exam! I feel like there is a lot of hype around the exam. I wouldn't say it's all easy, but it is definitely passable.
I took the PSB on June 22nd. I got my passing scores on July 2nd. I already had my application packet ready to go and sent it in the week after I got my scores. I received my acceptance letter on September 28th. So for me, it was about a 3 month process. Since I was early, I think the process was longer. I feel like your process from scores to application to acceptance will be much quicker.
Again, good luck!
- Jan 8 by mc86mcdHi bieralynn, I applied early. The whole application process took me about 3 months. I was early applying, so I think Mercy had more time to process. I feel like since it is later in the year, the application process will become quicker for those applying. Good luck!
- Jan 8 by NursingRocks24You were very smart to have applied so early! I am just changing my mind now, so hearing what you told me is very very helpful. Thank you for responding!
- Jan 9 by bieralynnI was accepted into St. Margaret's
- Jan 10 by mc86mcdCongrats bieralynn!
- Jan 10 by vebbI take the psb on Saturday for St Margaret.. prayers please!