HACC uniforms questionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on HACC uniforms question in Pennsylvania State Nursing Programs, part of Pennsylvania Nursing ... How many uniforms do you think is necessary to purchase? Do you have to wear them to lecture as...by mnmcbm Jun 27, '10How many uniforms do you think is necessary to purchase? Do you have to wear them to lecture as well as clinical days? Do you need a lab coat? Any suggestions as to what we need to purchase would be appreciated. I don't actually have orientation until December and I need to start budgeting now for things I have to have. Such as stethoscopes, book bag(do you need a wheeled one?), uniforms, books, shoes, etc. I do not qualify for financial aid so I have to either get loans or pay out of pocket for everything. Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=488124©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,709 Views
- Jun 27, '10 by BacktotheBeachMy school wants us to have 2 sets of uniforms, 1 lab coat. We do not have to wear it to class, just clinicals. We also had to buy 2 nametags (like $5) bandage scissors, penlight, stethoscope, all white leather shoes and socks. Books are about $1000, some are used for the entire program, not just first year. Don't buy anything until the school tells you exactly what you need. Also there are various vaccinations, blood titers and the physical exam that cost a bit also. Good luck! It is exciting, isn't it?Last edit by BacktotheBeach on Jun 27, '10
- Jun 27, '10 by mnmcbmIt is exciting but also a little scary! Thanks!
- Jun 27, '10 by BacktotheBeachYea, I am really, really nervous. I start Fall quarter, mid September.
- Jun 29, '10 by PaFlowerFor Hacc, they are switching uniforms starting in Jan 2011 so get as little white ones as you can get away with.
- Jul 16, '10 by StrwbrywneHey PaFlower, what's changing about the uniforms? Just curious because I start clinicals in Jan 2011. I know they will let us know, I am just curious if you know any details of the change. The current uniforms are hidious!!
- Jul 16, '10 by PaFlowerRight now they are white but starting in Jan they will be maroon. Which means I will have to buy some this semester and then different ones next semester but you will be fine.
- Jul 16, '10 by mnmcbmWell looks like I am lucking out as well. I think the new uniforms sound better than the white. A very good thing. Keeping white looking good is a chore.
- Jul 16, '10 by skcnaI'm about to start pre-lpn in the fall at HACC and was wondering how hard this is going to be and if anyone know of places that have a tuition repayment program (im currenly a cna)?
thanks!!!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Sep 18, '12 : Reason: tos
- Aug 12, '10 by BalsadragonAbout the HACC uniforms, as far as I know, they're going to be white tops, maroon bottoms. I'm in the PN class right now and they had us vote (same with the RN class) about changing the bottoms from white to maroon. We all voted to change the colors, but unfortunately the uniforms won't change until next year.
As far as how many to buy, from my own personal experience, start out with one or two. I'm entering my third semester and I still only have one uniform set. The material is thick and uncomfortable as hell, but it's extremely durable. I was afraid to buy more than one set at the beginning just because I was afraid of wasting the money if I didn't make it in the program. Now that I'm starting the 3rd semester I'm going to buy another top, because despite all the bleach I've used it's started to look a little gray. But that's just me. Other students in my class have three or four sets of uniforms...and then again, others have only one that are left over from when they attempted the program a few years ago.