Drexel University: 4 year BSN co-op Fall 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Drexel University: 4 year BSN co-op Fall 2013 in Pennsylvania State Nursing Programs, part of Pennsylvania Nursing ... Hello! I'm relatively new to allnurses (this is my second post) -- I've combed through quite a...by emt0089 Mar 16Hello!
I'm relatively new to allnurses (this is my second post) -- I've combed through quite a few Drexel threads, but most of the recent postings pertain to the ACE program.
I've recently been accepted as a transfer into Drexel's 4 year BSN co-op program. I am still waiting to hear back from 3 other schools (I'm from central Connecticut) and before I not only make a significant move and academic/financial commitment, I was wondering if anyone out there (alumni, current nursing student, or anyone who is familiar with Drexel) could please provide me with some feedback about their BSN nursing program.
Some possible ideas off the top of my head: class sizes, professors, clinical sites/co-op experiences, housing, life in Philadelphia, HESI/NCLEX (do/did you feel prepared)... ect.
I'm not looking for anything elaborate or fancy, just a little insight on your experience at Drexel would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822033©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 374 Views
- Apr 2 by shareberryCongrats! I also got accepted to the Fall 2013 Transfer Nursing program at drexel. I'm also looking for some insight on the nursing program as well. Are you doing the 2 year or 3 year program?
- Apr 3 by emt0089Congrats to you too! :-) I haven't officially chosen Drexel yet (I'm waiting to hear from 3 more schools) but from what I understand, there is only a 5 year and a 4 year traditional BSN option -- I chose the 4 year. When I spoke to an advisor she said it would take me a minimum of 3 years to complete assuming I finished all of the prerequisites... (which I have). So I guess I'm in for 3 years with the co-op.
How about you?
- Apr 21 by futurenurse912Congrats to both of you! I was accepted as well. I also chose the 4 yr, 1 co-op track. My advisor told me that it would probably take me 3 years because I have the pre-reqs already. I'm excited to hear from other non-ACE students! I too am waiting for 3 more schools in the NY state.
- Apr 22 by emt0089Thanks futurenurse912, congratulations to you too! Maybe we'll all be classmates in the fall :-) I still haven't found much non-ACE information/threads about Drexel -- if I do, I'll be sure to post something here.
- Apr 22 by emt0089Best Drexel thread I've found so far:
- May 2 by shareberryThank you! You as well! I haven't decided on Drexel just yet because I'm still waiting for Jefferson. I accepted the two year fast track. I saw drexel's financial aid package and I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry in a corner.