Community College of Philadelphia Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
- by RazorCandy Feb 24, '09Does anyone have any idea what the CCP nursing uniforms are like? I noticed my letter says we will be fitted for them.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=373086©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,431 Views
- Feb 27, '09 by OneDayAttaTimeI must not have read it thoroughly, lol..I didn't see anything about a "fitting"...I assumed they would just be scrubs. I know we have to purchase them at orientation though.
- Feb 28, '09 by RazorCandyIt says we will be measured.
- Mar 3, '09 by lovenandj, RNWhen you go to orientation, just buy the shirts and jacket. You can then get navy scrubs from any scrub store. The pants are horrible and tapered (at least thats what they offered us.) Any pair of navy scrub pants should be fine.
Also, the graduating class donates their uniforms for the incoming class to purchase for $5/piece. Some of them are in really good condition.
- Mar 3, '09 by RazorCandyThanks for the info!
- Jun 30, '09 by kels01hi. i am a new member. i applied to ccp through advanced placement, i am a lpn. i will know whether i got in by 7/31/09. anything u can tell me of importance about this program.
- Aug 3, '09 by Mdonna1hi, i have a question for loveandjbRN...iam attending ccp of phila for my prerqs, and i was wondering if it is hard to get into the Nursing Program there? and cud u list all the prerequiestes i need to take to get into the program? Also did u take tests to get into the program and what kinds of tests and what you had to do to get in? and how long did it take you to graduate>?
Thankss soo muchh Donna!
- Aug 3, '09 by Mdonna1Hii, i have a question for you, loveandjRN...iam attending ccp of phila for my prerqs, and i was wondering if it is hard to get into the Nursing Program there? and id u cud list all the prerequiestes i need to take to get into the program? Also did u take tests to get into the program and what kinds of tests and what you had to do to get in? and how long did it take you to graduate>? sry im kinda new with all of this and its confusing.. id apprecitaee it so much for the help!!!
Thankss soo muchh Donna!
- Aug 3, '09 by OneDayAttaTimeI was accepted to CCP's nursing program (but decided not to accept) so I can help you out. CCP operates on a point system...you get up to 3 points for (1) gpa, (2) score on their pre-nursing test--AHT, and (3) any fails or withdrawals. The program accepts those with 9, 8, and 7 points first. It is very competitive
- Aug 3, '09 by lovenandj, RNAlso, If I recall correctly, there are no pre-requisites, except for high school biology chemistry and math.