ccp nursing programRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ccp nursing program in Pennsylvania State Nursing Programs, part of Pennsylvania Nursing ... Hi. I am interested in the nursing program at ccp and I am planning to apply on october 2011 for...by vealal Sep 21, '11Hi. I am interested in the nursing program at ccp and I am planning to apply on october 2011 for the september 2012 semester. This is my first semester at ccp and I was placed in english 098. I will be ready for english 101 in spring 2012, what chances do I have to get admitted? how long does it take for them to send out acceptance letters? by when do i have to take the test? is it easy? thank you! if you can give more information about the program, requirements...I'll appreciate it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=619701©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,644 Views
- Sep 21, '11 by Ldial1They are accepting 144 students...contact ********* at school she can help you with the process.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Sep 21, '11 : Reason: Name removed
- Dec 31, '11 by annam83hi,
all you need to apply is:
1. placement in math 118
2. english 101 ready
3. highschool biology and chemistry as long as they're not more than 10 years old (if they are older than 10 years old there are equivalent classes ccp accepts). check out the first of the 2 links i pasted at the bottom that will tell you everything you need to know to apply.
i took the allied health test (aht). i don't think its fair to brand the test as easy or hard because those words are subjective and whats easy/hard to me might not be the same to you. i can tell you there is a basic reading, basic grammar, and a basic math section. i guess for whatever its worth i can give you my personal opinion which is i didn't think the aht was difficult, but it went by very fast because there is a rather short time limit. you must attend an information session in order to apply and get scheduled for the aht.
the chances of you getting in depends on how may points you earn. the points system described in the second link below is exactly like the description in the application booklet you will receive once you attend an information session.
community college of philadelphia catalog - nursing degree
- Jan 26, '12 by cupidsqueen420Hello everyone,
I applied for the Nursing program at CCP this past October. I took my AHT. I heard from other people who got into the program last year that acceptance letters are going out in February. Has anyone else applied? if so what is your overall score?
- Jan 28, '12 by shahoo05I applied in October also. Took the AHT in December and scored a 19, so that means I should have 8 points. We won't hear till March because the last AHT is the first week in March. The waiting is driving me crazy!
- Jan 28, '12 by cupidsqueen420Yeah me too... I scored a 20 but because my gpa is a 3.37 I only have a 7 even with no w,d,or f's... which is crazy. I assume you had a 3.5 or above. If I only had one more point on the test I would have had an 8...so frustrating...lol Last year acceptance letters went out as early as mid-february even though they told people March so I hope we hear before then. Did you apply to any other mursing programs?
- Jan 31, '12 by shahoo05I think you have a good shot of getting in. I would imagine they accept 7's based on how they did on the test, and you scored pretty high. CCP was the only school I applied to since I don't have all the prereq's for the hospital schools yet. Last year there were a few people who posted getting a letter at the end of February, but I'm not sure if all the AHT's taken done by then. I hope you get in. I'm just going to try to relax about it, but it's hard
- Feb 8, '12 by cupidsqueen420Yeah my plan is to wait and see what happens with CCP this year and if I do not get in I will reapply next year but also apply to Aria, Abington, and Northeastern as well. I have been taking classes halftime for a year and a half now. I've been taking classes that are all part of the nursing program at CCP so that if I do get in I can still remain halftime. Do I got all of my english, math, cst, and sociology done. If I don't get in this year I'll probably take Chemistry 110 over the summer because that is pretty much the only prereq i do not have for the other programs because CCP does not require it for their nursing program. You will definitely get in this year unless some crazy amount of people scored a 9 which i doubt. Since you got the 8 I assume you will get a letter before me since I'm more in limbo so keep me posted.
- Apr 29 by BiancaibbJust curious, what can i get to study for the AHT in CCP? because i dint get much information about a study guide.