Aria School of Nursing September 2012 - Page 48Register Today!
- Aug 6, '12 by parker86@ Ayanna So what did you go with the sizes you tried on at the school?
@Candy. Yeah I have to get a separate loan just for childcare costs. Yikes. I just have to keep reminding myself this is all going to be worth it...this is all going to be worth it...I'm saving money because a university degree costs like 25-30k a year. Relax...I'll be fine.Last edit by parker86 on Aug 6, '12
- Aug 6, '12 by awarren808@holly yes
- Aug 7, '12 by PhilliesGirl05Hey ladies,
I am also completely overwhelmed at all of the up front cost of everything...wow, it's alot, but I also keep reminding myself it will ALL be worth-it when we are done! As for the reading, I am also going to read as much as I can before we start...I need to get the books first and I am hoping to find a cheaper older edition. Any luck finding a cheaper edition?
As for uniforms, I got an email saying they aren't shipping out my stuff until the alterations are done...hm I m hoping they mean the embroidery etc that Aria requires. Anyone else get that email?
@ Simply--I know, I am upset I didn't get to meet you!! We will meet soon enough though!
- Aug 7, '12 by awarren808@ kristin I ordered my fundametals books off amazon for $60...I thinks the school charges like $106
- Aug 7, '12 by awarren808Just make sure you get volumes 1&2. 1 is theory, concepts & application. 2 is clinical procedure.
- Aug 7, '12 by PhilliesGirl05Thanks Ayanna!
- Aug 8, '12 by parker86@Philliesgirl Did you find a book yet? I ordered my fundamentals books off Barnes and Noble for $79 brand new. I think it came to $85 w/ tax and free express shipping. I saw that softcover editions/used sold separately for a little less but not much once you add in S&H.
One site I use to find my nursing books is bookprice.com. You type in the ISBN # and it lists almost every website on the web that sells the book new/used/for rent. The books are priced from low to high and includes s+h prices and coupons that may be available. I spent $264 total including s+h. Not bad for 7 books ...but still a big chunk out of the wallet.
- Aug 8, '12 by PhilliesGirl05Thanks Holly!! Im definitely going to look at that website!!!
- Aug 8, '12 by parker86@kristin. Ur welcome. I hope it helps!
- Aug 9, '12 by PhilliesGirl05For the Smeltzer med surgical book, it says we need the 12th edition, but could we still get the 11th edition I wonder...? What books did you guys get so far?