Aria School of Nursing September 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- I already had all my childhood vaccs so my dr ordered titers for everything. But I had to get a tetnus, flu shot and start the hepatitis b series. Also a 2 part tb test.
- Mar 15, '12 by PhilliesGirl05Hey, what do you mean they had to order titers for all childhood vaccinations? Just preparing myself for this vaccination process! ha
- You need a 2 step tb test, hep b series, varicella (chicken pox), meningococcal (optional), seasonal flu shot, mmr 1 & 2, polio
- I switched drs and my new dr didn't have my complete medical records, an archive request wouldn't taken a while. Titer is a blood test to make sure you have the specific antibody.
- Mar 15, '12 by PhilliesGirl05Oh okay, thank you! I think I have mostly all of them, except flu shot. blah
- Mar 15, '12 by AspiringNurse_AmberThanks for the information! I'm thinking I have alot of the vaccinations as well, but not the flu shot. Maybe I should look into getting that soon than? Might as well I guess! Any ideas on how much uniforms are? I want to be mentally prepared for this haha
- In december....Tops $47 eachBottoms $29-$36 eachWhite clinic lab coat $61White polo shirt $30Lab coat & polo are required. The school suggest 3 sets of scrubs.
- Mar 15, '12 by AspiringNurse_AmberDo you know if these have to be purchased through the school?
- No, through Dove Appareal.
- Mar 17, '12 by parker86Hello everyone my name is Holly Parker. I applied to Aria School of Nursing for September 2012 also. I was told by Julie that the deadline for the application paperwork was March 15th, not March 1. (Also, the application packet says March 15, but not the website.) I wonder if this will affect the date we will hear back about acceptance?
I was glad the deadline was later because I hit a personal rough spot in February... and I temporarily forgot I needed to send in my essay and transcripts and it was the last week of February. I was a bit bummed I didn't have time to set up an interview with Julie, although I did speak with her on the phone. Everyone on the forums makes that sound like a school interview is the best way to sway the school in your favor. Oh well. I'm hoping for the best, but nervous knowing there are 400 applicants. "Speaking it into existence" as you have said!!!
These blogs have really helped me know what to expect and learn how to maneuver through the application process. (Like logging into the applicant checklist) Nice! I'm praying I get in and trying to put my fear and anxiety in God's hands. I began the process of taking pre-reqs 5 years ago after my first child was born. Three colleges and two kids later...here I am applying nursing schools...finally. Aria is definitely #1 on my list.Last edit by parker86 on Mar 17, '12