2012 CCP Nursing program - Page 12Register Today!
- Same here man ... And I appreciate all ur advice ; words of encouragement can really go along way !!!! Will u be at orientation ??
- Just a general question for everyone: What classes are you all taking in the fall ? I only have one but I'm not sure if I I should take more or what ? So far I just have nursing 101 and how do u sign up for clinical times ? ... I didn't see an option that would lead to that in my ccp so was just wondering ... Reposes immensely appreciatedLast edit by bcolli11 on Apr 15, '12 : Reason: Auto correct
- Apr 15, '12 by NNPwannabeI'm only taking nursing 101 in the fall because I heard the workload is really difficult Its best not to take additional classes if you really dont need to. For nursing 101 you should be registered for four components-lecture, lab, seminar and clinical. To sign up for clinical you have to scroll down towards the bottom of the page to where it says off campus sites (or something like that) and select an open clinical section. They dont have times listed so you just select whatever section you want. Most likely everyone's clinical time will be thursdays and fridays 7am-1pm. If there are alternate clinical times they will let everyone know once school starts and you have to volunteer to get an alternate time. Dont worry if you are unsure whether you registered correctly. They will help you register at orientation and you can have them check your classes to make sure you didnt miss anything.
- Thank you so much ... I see where I missed it ! Do u know what color our scrubs have to be ? I've been searching but can't find it ... Random I know but I'm really excited to get started !!!
- Apr 16, '12 by NNPwannabeomg the scrubs are soooo ugly! lol. you have to buy the ones from the school. the top is like a sky blue color with a white collar and the bottoms are just plain navy blue. you also have to buy a scrub jacket which is also light blue. you could probably get away with buying your own navy blue scrub pants and then just get the top and jacket from the school, but i'd wait until after orientation so you can see what everything looks like. you will get fitted for the uniform at orientation and you can try on uniform samples so you know what size to order.
- Apr 16, '12 by pazuzuOur scrubs actually have "Community College of Philadelphia" written on it right? Or, at least the top.
- Apr 16, '12 by NNPwannabeyeah the top and the jacket have the school patch on them. if anyone has facebook there is a group called "community college of philadelphia nursing alumni" if you click on the photos there are a few pics of people in the school uniform.
- Apr 16, '12 by bcolli11I hate blue with a passion !!!! But oh well. And do we have to wear them to school everyday ? I know we have to at clinicals
- Apr 17, '12 by shahoo05Lol, I looked on FB and you weren't kidding when you said the uniforms were ugly. What's with the collar? Seriously?? Of course looks are the last thing that matters but it's still funny.
Congrats on getting in, bcolli! Your persistence paid off and you totally deserve this!
- Apr 17, '12 by bcolli11Shahoo05... Thats was really a nice thing to say really !!! Thank u because I was very doubtful at first but I'm glad things worked out for the best . Congrats to u to !!! We all should be very proud. How many classes are u taking this semester ?