Villanova Alternate Sequence Program Fall 2012 - page 3
by loki134 4,649 Views | 28 Comments
Has anyone been accepted to the program yet? Also, how many people are they accepting?... Read More
- 0May 30, '12 by Ashley7387hello all-
Congrats Kevin on getting in as well.
I contacted the nursing program today to ask about orientation and spoke with Maryanne Lieb. I was informed we will have orientation in August before classes start and the paper work will be sent out some time next month when they have a better idea of the number of students in the program.
Also I asked about potentially being matched with others in our programs who also need roommates. She told me to look at the ResLife webpage of Villanova (at families offering a room in their home and also other students looking for roommates). She said if that doesnt work out for enough people (let them know) that they could possible send out an e-mail to see which students in our program are in need of roommates and to go from there.
@loki134 and @emma44 would either of you or both be interested in rooming together in a 2 or 3 bedroom apt near campus? if so feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
@kevin have any tips on any apartments too look at and/or wont break the bank in the area?
- 0As far as places to live , along with Villanova it can get pretty pricey. The best bet for anyone may be renting a house for the year and getting 3-5 people together. It generally works out better, you have a lot more space, and generally don't have to worry about bad neighbors in apartment complexes. I have been recently looking myself and have come to the conclusion that rent alone I will most likely be spending 500-750 a month plus the utilities. A good idea might be to check www.roommates.com ... In order to recieve mail and such you must buy their premium service (19.99), but I did it last year and found a great roommate for the school year. It's pretty much like shopping for a roommate. Also you can check craigslist. As far as living close by, you also need to decide what your transportation will be like, I will have a car, so I will also be looking in the Wayne/Ardmore/Haverford/Conshohocken area and even possibly Manayunk. Villanova has some type of an approved list on their website as to what places are good for students to stay at as well.
- 0May 30, '12 by phillycpnp-pcCongrats everyone. I did the this program and graduated 6 years ago from it. I wrote about the program and answered questions on antoher post. I'm happy to answer any questions or give tips as you guys move along in the program. I'm working on my MSN at Nova so maybe i'll see some of you on campus good luck guys, its a great program.Last edit by phillycpnp-pc on May 30, '12 : Reason: editing
- 0Jun 3, '12 by emma44After reading several post concerning housing cost closer to Villanova as well as looking online for housing options I've decided to stay in my apartment on the Main line which is 15min (no traffic) from campus.
I think starting a FB page would be very helpful for us to get to know each other and share information. For example I'm not quite sure when we will start receiving info regarding Vaccines, test, uniforms and certificates (CPR) but I am sure that these will be needed for us to start. I have spoken to many of my friends who are entering Drexel and Jefferson programs and they need the same tests to start in the fall.
I am very excited to be starting this exceptional program in 2 months and look forward to meeting you all.
- 0Jul 22, '12 by KatierkirwanHi everyone!I am also starting the program August 27. I got all the info early this month about background checks and vaccines etc but am wondering how to know about books and uniforms? Does anyone know anything about this . I did call And talked to someone who told me our first semester schedule is from 8:30 to 2:30 Monday through thursday. I look forward to meeting you all and am excited (and little scared) to start!Take careKatie
- 0Jul 24, '12 by Ashley7387Congrats Katie on getting into the program as well. Our schedules are on our my nova account. Where you can see specific classes/times/ and who else is in the class. As for uniforms I think well find out during orientation how and where to purchase them. And hopefully what books as well. I look forward to meeting everyone in a month at orientation