UPMC McKeesport School of Nursing LPN programRegister Today!
- by bagheera1005 May 31, '09I am looking into the UPMC Mckeesport LPN program. It is branched off of UPMC St Margarets School of Nursing. I was wondering if anyone has gone there? Also do you know how much they make when coming out of the program? Is it worth my time to attend there? Thanks for taking the time to read this!
- Jun 2, '09 by michelle126Never knew that McKeesport had the program.
I'm not sure what LPNs are making in the area. There is a big need for them in LTC, tho.
- Mar 17, '10 by nurse.jennI took their LPN to RN program. They have also started a regular RN program as well.
I cannot testify to the LPN program myself, but knowing several people that attended it, they didnt really have any major complaints, nor did they rave how wonderful it was...it is nursing school after all.
Their LPN to RN program required 8 prereqs if you did not take your LPN there, and one if you did. It was an 11 month (roughly) program. The people I do know that took the LPN program there ended up working in LTC, and one went to UPMC to a transplant unit (pretty spiffy for an LPN).
Overall I was pleased with the program. I feel very confident entering the world as a GN right now, and feel they did a pretty darn good job preparing me. Other than a few minor setbacks on some personal issues there, its not a bad program, and the tuition loan program makes it a very good deal.
- Mar 24, '10 by Streamline2010Lawrence (PA) county vo-tech quotes $15 to $22 for the Penn-Ohio area. The Pittsburgh region may go higher than that, say up to $25/hr for LPN, but the $25 might be a per-diem or otherwise part-time rate without benefits.
- May 15, '12 by plumkjdoes anyone know where i would sign up and register for the lpn classes there?
- May 26, '12 by jlippoldupmc st margaret is no longer offering their lpn program. I was planning on attending but found out this spring they decided to discontinue it
- May 27, '12 by sali22Quote from jlippoldWow i spoke with them a couple of months ago and everything seemed fine. went on their website and they took the lpn stuff down. glad i decided to go a different route... There is a lpn program in monroeville and 1 in jefferson hills too.upmc st margaret is no longer offering their lpn program. I was planning on attending but found out this spring they decided to discontinue it
- Jun 3, '12 by jlippoldI am looking into the program in Monroeville. Do you know much about it?