St joseph hospital school of nursing. - Page 17Register Today!
- Aug 19, '10 by bmcnurseHey everyone I am new to allnurses.com, I was wondering if there have been any recent info on St. Joesph's Hospital School of Nursing. I was looking into this school before i read all of these posts (they are a little intimidating.) I did hear that this school is up for accredition in October, did anyone hear about this? Please leave feedback...
- Aug 25, '10 by TamaraC1700Yes, that is true. They are up for accreditation in October. As, a recent grad you should look into more than one school. And also note this program is not one year.
- Aug 26, '10 by ruhihii, i was going to start sjhson this fall 2010...can u plz tell me if it'z fine to attend this school. i am scared...dnt want to waste time n money.
- Aug 26, '10 by TamaraC1700Hello ruhi,
It is scary esp. when you hear & read all the stuff in the news. I will not say it is a waste of money but the program is still in the infant stage. This will be the fourth class. It was extremely hard and frustrating. You do alot of self teaching, what I mean is YOU have to read alot to truly understand the material. There is not alot of help. It is not a year program. We started 01/05/09 and graduated on 04/05/10 but you dont really graduate until you pass the HESI exam. I have friends still in program because they still have not passed the exam(2nd & 3rd class). So they dont have a diploma and the can't work as a nurse not even a graduate nurse cause the have no diploma. Our class is still waiting for the funding they said was coming, still hasn't come through. I read all the info about this school before I went and I still went. Can I say it was my best decision, NO!! but the end result is I passed the program(with alot of hard work, no sleep, not working, and a failure engagement), passed the Hesi(with outside help, paid by me), and I passed the boards. You need to make your decision and once you make it pray and get ready to work hard. All schools are hard but when you go to a school still in transition you experiene other stressor too. Hope this helps. Good luck and God bless.
- Sep 1, '10 by all3catsI too am a graduate from SJHSON. I am presently an RN. I was the 2nd class and, unfortunately, the last posting confirmed what I tell everyone...do not go there! It is beyond infant stage. Poor managment, lack of accountability, disorganization, and lot of administrative mistakes that cost me time and money. I have fellow 'graduates' that still did not pass the HESI. We were not prepared for the HESI. It took me many months later before I passed. I will sum it up...do not go there.
- Jan 7, '11 by neicyrnhi i am interested in attending st joe and i need to speak to someone in full detail about the program. i was just turned down by 3 universities and i have a 3.0 gpa. i studied hard and yet still i was turned down. i got B in all my sciences however i did have to take some over because of the expiration date had passe (over 10 yrs.) i am in ,my 40ties and tired of waiting each year to see if im accepted. the problem that scares me is the accredidation situation. so can you please call me at 215 421 7247 i am in dyer need to speak to someone who has actually finished the program someone who can actually tell me full detail the pros & cons of this program, i am not getting younger and i will have to wait til sept 2011 to apply again for other schools just to start in sept 2012 & that is no promise that i will get in so please please please call thank you.
Quote from canwaittobeanurseI WAS IN THE FIRST CLASS NO I DON'T PASS ON MY FIRST TRY, BUT I DID PASS. ANY PROGRAM YOU ATTEND WILL BE FLAWS. I LOVED ST JOSEPHS PROGRAM THE SCHOOL IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT. BY TE WAY I HAVE A WONDERFUL JOB AT HAHNEMANN INN I KNOW MY STUFF.
- Jan 7, '11 by neicyrnhi there, i need to speak to someone personally who attended the school. i need to see if im making the right decision. i need someone from st. joe to call me. feel free 215 421 7247.
- Jan 7, '11 by JPK7908I applied to SJHSON for this up coming january 2011 and i want to know if any one has applied for the same class, and if so have u heard a response yet?
- Jan 21, '11 by neicyrnhi JPK7908 ---- i am thinking of applying to st joesph for next year, did you get any information on acceptance yet????
- Mar 29, '11 by JPK7908i got accepted for jan 2011 , then they pushed it back to march 2011 and then ONE WEEK before school they cancelled the class and said they MIGHT start in september!!!! i dont even know what to think and im so scared tio find out but i really want to get my nursing career started but worried this school may not help, can we continue for our BSN after???n is any one in there recent class? if so how is it ? PLEASE ANY HELP WILL DO