Pitt accelerated BSN program admissionsRegister Today!
- by Kwk712 Nov 28, '12Hi all! I'm planning on applying to the accelerated BSN program in the spring, and I was curious if anyone had any information regarding admissions information (such as average GPA and GRE scores)? Also, how early would you recommend applying? Thanks for the help! I tried contacting the nursing school directly but they didn't give any specifics.
- Nov 28, '12 by Kwk712Actually, any information about admissions to Pitt or Duquesne's accelerated programs would be helpful! Thanks again.
- Nov 30, '12 by arl50link to pitt website! I went to pitt's 4 year BSN program. I have heard the accelerated program is tough, as everything is very condensed.
Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN | Academics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Dec 4, '12 by DodongoI went to Pitt's second degree ABSN program and graduated recently. If you have any questions PM me.
- Jan 10 by marmadukeHi Dodongo, I just found out I was accepted to Pitt's ABSN program for this spring and am currently trying to decide between it and a couple other programs...I am a new member so I don't think I have enough to PM you. Would you recommend the program? I saw that UPitt's nursing school is very highly regarded, as is the U Pittsburgh Medical Center, but what are your opinions of the program in particular? Is it as tough as people say? Did it prepare you well for the NCLEX/working as a nurse afterwards? I also might be interested in working in peds/maternity nursing but from what I've heard there aren't many clinical hours in these areas...would you say there are enough? Or any info on day-to-day schedule would also be appreciated.
- Jan 28 by jlp6200HI! I was wondering if you could tell me when your interview was?? Did you have it after the deadline for the spring term or did you hear for an interview before the application deadline.
I'm getting really anxious waiting to hear back from University of Pitt because the addmissions department just emailed me requesting my transcripts because apparently they were not received a few months ago when I originally applied. And now I'm really curious if interviews started before the application deadline (as in I could have had one already if my transcripts were on time) or if it the interview process starts after the deadline because of how competitive this program is.
Thanks for your help!
- Feb 3 by pitt81Quote from Kwk712I would highly recommend Pitts ABSN program, it is hard but 100% doable. The teachers are very supportive, the clinical instructors are greatHi all! I'm planning on applying to the accelerated BSN program in the spring, and I was curious if anyone had any information regarding admissions information (such as average GPA and GRE scores)? Also, how early would you recommend applying? Thanks for the help! I tried contacting the nursing school directly but they didn't give any specifics.
and I found the students to to be very friendly. The only drawback is if you want to go in to peds or ob their rotations are only 4 days long.
- Feb 3 by pitt81They are looking for gre score ( in the old gre scoring) of around 1000 500 in verbal and 500 the math portion,they dont really care much about the writing portion. I think anyone who has a gpa over 3.00 has achance to get in. If you want more information ask to speak to the head of the accelerated BSN program, he is pretty helpful.