Penn State Altoona Second Degree Nursing Program 2013 - page 4
by nvitkuske 4,992 Views | 37 Comments
Has anyone else been accepted for Fall 2013 into PSU Altoona's Second Degree Nursing Program? I just recieved my letter of acceptance and am looking to meet more people in the program and hoping to find a possible roommate. I... Read More
- 0Jun 12, '13 by wysiwyg34I will be attending orientation. I have ha everything but the flu shot done on certified background for about a week now. I know that there is a lady looking to rent out a house near the campus. I actually spoke to her by accident when calling food services. If anyone wants her info just let me know
- 0Jul 1, '13 by awilliamsesuHi guys! I'll be applying for the second degree BSN at Altoona for Fall 2014 and I was hoping someone could answer a few questions I have about the program.
1. Does the admission's committee look at the cumulative GPA for the pre-requisite classes only, or the applicant's overall bachelor's degree GPA in addition to the pre-requisite classes? I'm just worried because my cumulative undergrad GPA is around a 2.9, but my pre-req GPA is a 3.7.
2. Will classes and clinicals be held during the week only, or are some over the weekend? How long are classes and clinicals each day?
3. When does the application cycle open for transfer students for the Fall 2014 program? I saw applications open for fall in September, but does the second degree program open earlier than this? I know the deadline is November 30.
- 0Jul 1, '13 by BS403942Hey awilliamsesu,
I'm in the current program graduating in December 2013.....
1. My cumulative GPA was a 2.8 and I was accepted. It's a really tough program and honestly I think they accept some people in the hopes that they will fail (to maintain their 100% pass rate) but if you work really hard you can make it through!
2. Classes and clinicals are held during the week only. I work along with the program and I'm able to get in about 20 hours/week...the times really depend on the semester, but clinicals usually range from 6am-3pm and classes from 8-2pm. In the fall semester you have a lot more class time and only one day of clinical. Then it increases kind of as the semesters go one. You will be done by 4pm at the very latest every day though...most days sooner than that.
3. I have no idea when the application cycle opens! I know the deadline is in November!
Hope that helps!!
- 0Nov 20, '13 by ashleykaybHello everyone!
I am also planning on applying for the Penn State second degree program in Fall 2014. I am currently a Senior at Penn State main campus studying Human Development & Family Studies. I will be graduating this May, so from what I have been told, I cannot apply until I file my intent to graduate this January. Has anyone else went through this process and know when I should be receiving a letter declaring whether I was accepted or not? I know for those who are not currently enrolled at Penn State have the November 30th deadline, so I wanted to know if anyone else applied after their intent to graduate.