Penn accelerated BSN 2012 - page 4
Hi, Has anyone heard when Penn is sending out the decisions for the Second degree BSN program? Also when did you have a phone or in-person interview? I haven't heard back from them and I had a phone interview in early December.... Read More
- 0Mar 16, '12 by renardeau, BSN, RNI was reading over last year's thread, and it doesn't seem like many people (if any?) get off wait list... fingers crossed, I guess. And does anyone know if wait listed applicants still get considered for financial aid?
What are people's other plans? I'm currently deciding between JHU and Duke, but Penn always lingers in the back of my mind...
- 0Mar 16, '12 by cirrocumulusyea i don't really imagine the wait list is drawn from much (if at all), but it can't hurt to stay on the wait list if you are realistic about it.
i live in philadelphia and don't want to relocate, but i was accepted to both drexel & jefferson so i still have some awesome options here. i haven't visited duke, but when i went to an open house at JHU it was GREAT-- my boyfriend and i were both really impressed by the SoN and psyched about the program, so you have some great options either way, too! i honestly think most ABSN programs are pretty f*cking tough and future employers are going to respect that commitment, regardless of the specific school. good luck!
- 0Mar 22, '12 by sd340I haven't heard anything else either. I was checking the My Decision page, but now it's closed until regular applicants can view theirs on the 29th. I have no idea if we will get an e-mail or if it will be on that page. If I don't make it off the list, I am going to Drexel. I live near Philadelphia as well and cannot relocate right now.
- 0Apr 27, '12 by Kelsea1214Any one accepted/applied willing to share their stats such as GPA, GRE (if applicable), work experience etc.?
I am interested in applying to the ABSN, possibly MSN, program, but haven't been able to visit the campus yet. Can any one who has attended an open house/interview share their thoughts??
To be fair... I have: a BS in Dietetics from University of Delaware, w/undergrad GPA 3.0 (low I know!), my CNA license, shadowing experience, volunteer experience, management work experience (in a restaurant, but it might help!), GPA in last 60 credits is around 3.5-3.6 at present moment, haven't taken GREs yet :/
- 0Jun 25, '12 by KDSkyy44I'm in the same boat as you Kelsea1214. I have a BS in Business Administration from College of Saint Elizabeth w/ uGPA of 2.94, just getting my CNA license, volunteer experience, Managed/worked/co-founded Veterinary practice for the past 5 years and worked as a technician prior to management. My pre-req courses and sciences I am holding a 4.0. That uGPA is my big killer but I have talked to them and the further away you are from your undergrad the less it weighs. I am about 6 years out so its pretty decent. I was considering the ABSN-MSN and haven't taken the GREs either :/
I would be interested in all the same information that you are. How did you find shadowing experience?