I started my first prereq this fall and met with an advisor at my community college today (Montgomery County Community College) to come up with a course plan for me. I really would love to get into the Villanova BSN express program. She said it would take me 3 years to get my pre-reqs done. UGH!
I work full time and since I am doing a career change I figured that it would be best to only take one class a semester. That way I have a chance of getting the best grade possible and still handle my FT job. There are only a few that it looks like I can double up on and still have a good chance of getting a great grade. After they are all complete..... (fingers crossed)..... I get into the program, quit my job and kick butt (major in-debt butt) at the 14 month Villanova BSN express program.
Is anyone able to offer any recommendations for how to cut down this 3 year plan a bit? Maybe some other classes you think I could double up on with how heavy my FT work is and still have a good shot at getting a good grade? I've never taken science classes before. I just didnt need them for my current BA.
. I'm kinda nervous and do not know what to expect from them or how I will do.
- Fall2010 - taking a religion course (prereq) to ease myself back into school
- Spring2011 - Gen. Bio
- Summer Session one 2011 - General Chem (need organic chem for Villanova but must take this class before I can take that one)
- Fall2011 - AP 1
- Spring 2012 - AP 2
- Summer 2012 - Developmental Psyc. & Nutrition (doubled up)
- Fall 2012 - Statistics and my 2nd needed religion course (doubled up)
- Spring 2013 - Organic Chem
- Summer 2013 - Patho (need to find a place to take this still since they dont offer it)
- Fall 2013 - Microbiology (even though I at this point completed my pre-reqs, I heard that I would really need this as a nurse)